Grado Earpad Photo
Jun 15, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 14
Nice job! Amazing how much thicker the bowls are. Thanks for the pics.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

So... are the flats just comfies with a hole in the middle?

no. the flats are...how do i say it, flatter? haha. the it's alot thinner, mainly it looks like flattened comfies with cuts along the rim. not nearly as comfy at all because the flatten nature reduces the cushioning.

Jun 16, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 14
Why not reducing the pic a little bit with Photoshop or so to fit in here nicely, I can do it, and mail it to you, it should be great to have it here posted? I try to post it but it is huge....

Jun 16, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3nG
no. the flats are...how do i say it, flatter? haha. the it's alot thinner, mainly it looks like flattened comfies with cuts along the rim. not nearly as comfy at all because the flatten nature reduces the cushioning.

But how much different does a hole-punched comfie sound in comparison to a flat?

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3nG

Also the flats are made of a different type of foam, from my understanding.

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 14
I'll jack with it some more and see if I can pull it off without losing too much detail. That was my main concern, but you're right it should be smaller. I might have to shoot it again. (FYI the original was 3 megs
biggrin.gif
)

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by superjohnny
So my question is.... drumroll please....

Are the flats worth double?

i am a cheap person, so my answer is no...$30?? that's like half the price of the grados sr60.

but a lot of people here will tell you they think it's great, and an absolute neccesity for grado phones. so it all comes down to if you have the money.

i think the radshack or vwap works just as well...and like 10% the cost for the radshack? but the radshack is not nearly as durable.

Jun 17, 2004 at 9:43 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by reeseboisse
Also the flats are made of a different type of foam, from my understanding.

It would be the same foam material, just the porosity is increased, thus it makes comfies to be softer (in detail: there is an increased input of bubbles during the molding process).
cool.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 10:40 AM Post #13 of 14
yes, $30 is actually very steep for the flat pads - but then again it makes a far more noticeable difference than other far more expensive 'mods' like say, equipment cones, cables or very nice wooden knobs.
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 12:43 PM Post #14 of 14
just get the cheaper sen 414 pad.. then cut a hole in the centre... they are much comfortable because they are softer
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back