Grado Drivers NOT Available!
Apr 24, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #61 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the same modded Grados that were pictured well before the PS 1000 was reviled.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/al...a-meet-365345/

Yes, this is my first mod. of my first Grado SR-225, I have two units of Grado SR-225 (both headphone second hand, the distribution of Grado headphones in Europe is terrible, I would never buy a new Grado in my country
frown.gif
).

-- o --
Rodrigo

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #62 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Picodeloro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry Todd.

This cups are only a hobby for me, I never made a cups for nobody and I don't want to make in a future time.

If I get some good drivers, this would be a good opportunity to make a good quality headphones to me.

-- o --
Rodrigo

I'm thinkin' Todd is going to have a problem with your concept no matter what, if it entails "Bootleg" drivers.

I spent all last night hiding my cassette tapes and sewing the Labels back on my Mattresses.
icon10.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #63 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Picodeloro, I've been following your work on the Spanish audio forums, great stuff, glad to know you're here @ Head-Fi!

EDIT: Honestly, I don't see how what he is doing is different from what other DIYers are doing. I also did not appreciate Todd's tone, as Picodelor made no mention of sale, was merely showing off his custom work. IMO, they're not PS1000 clones; It's easy to draw inspiration from the Grado Design, just look at the custom work done by JMoney Audio or Headphile - they all base their designs off of Grado's cup (i.e. Mushroom style). Also, I'd HIGHLY doubt anyone would confuse the PS-1000 headphone with ANY other headphone. I think people WOULD be interested, especially those from the Joe Grado camp who have the drivers but not the cups

Thank you very much for appreciating my mods.
bigsmile_face.gif

-- o --
Rodrigo

Apr 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #64 of 116
I know Rodrigo ("Picodeloro") from a Spanish forum also dedicated to headphones, amd also know his work, and I know he made the metallic cups just for his own use, as an enthusiast audiophile, skilled DIYer, and also big Grado fan. So in my opinion he does not deserve to be "told off" just for sharing his mods....and guess it would be all different if these cups were mada of wood instead....

Regards
Carlos

PS: By the way, as far as I know the PS1000 are not even available yet in Spain, or at least I do not know of anybody that's got a pair yet....

Apr 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #65 of 116
Hello:

I do not why the post by Picodeloro got such a harsh answer by Todd.

Picodeloro is a DIYer very honest and he is not trying to make a profit bloodsucking anybody.

As he pointed out it is just a hobby.

He si just an electronics and sound fanatic that showed his work to us.

What if someone from a commercial operation looks at his work and inspire themselves?

Picodeloro, please contineu showing us your work.

Thanks!!!

Apr 24, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #66 of 116
I dont understand whats the problem with Todds post at all, it was just a reminder.?
First thing i thought was "he will start a shop in the future with those cups". man, they are even nicer than grados cups so not that strange i think.
You should start a shop Picodeloro cause they look stunning. Looking forward to more pics..

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #67 of 116
confused_face.gif
confused_face.gif

"Rodrigo, Apologies but Grado have suddenly banned distribution of spares as of yesterday so I am not able to source any new spares... "

Is JG nervous with our mods?¿?¿?¿?, I don't understand anything.

-- o --
Rodrigo

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #68 of 116
Quote:

confused_face.gif
confused_face.gif

"Rodrigo, Apologies but Grado have suddenly banned distribution of spares as of yesterday so I am not able to source any new spares... "

Is JG nervous with our mods?¿?¿?¿?, I don't understand anything.

-- o --
Rodrigo

How did you hear about the banning of distro of spares?

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #69 of 116
He bought the headphones,he can do whatever he wants with them.Some people should think a bit before posting.I did that with this post,because originally it was going to be a lot harsher.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #70 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysoberyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people should think a bit before posting.I did it with this post,because originally it was going to be a lot harsher.

I have no clue what you are talking about here or who you are referring to...

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #71 of 116
I'm obviously talking about the mod by Picodeloro,and about the poster who didn't think that whatever he does to his headphones,is Picodeloro's sole business.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #72 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you hear about the banning of distro of spares?

The quoted line Picodeloro posted is just an extract of a mail from the distributor. I've received a similar one myself, and all the orders have been cancelled now.

World is safe again....

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #73 of 116
I made these cups with the machine-tools of my job because my boss allows me to use them to make this DIY things for me, I can't make this cups or other things with these machines to sell to anyone.

When I finish my cups, I will open a new thread in this forum and other forums with detailed photos and measures of my cups, because I don't want to sell those cups.

-- o --
Rodrigo

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #74 of 116
Quote:

I made these cups with the machine-tools of my job because my boss allows me to use them to make this DIY things for me, I can't make this cups or other things with these machines to sell to anyone.

When I finish my cups, I will open a new thread in this forum and other forums with detailed photos and measures of my cups, because I don't want to sell those cups.

-- o --
Rodrigo

Hello,
Could you provide a weight for each cup?

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #75 of 116
I can not at this moment. But I can say that my "v1 mod." weighs little more than PS-1, and the "v2 mod." (aluminum+wood) weighs more than the v1. I'm seeing pictures of the PS1000 cups and seem larger than my v2 !!!!

-- o --
Rodrigo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back