Grado driver
Nov 2, 2004 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JimmyDean

Head-Fier
If you look in the classifieds, you can see I need to buy a SR60 or similar driver. Here is why. I was removing the drivers, because through the pad side I could see creases everywhere. I took out one driver, and then the board pulled off. I was like, crap!!. I read about removing the diaphraghm, so I did. It was not that difficult, but then I tried to get some extra wire for repair. Then the wire pulled off of the coil. That doomed this driver. I have pics. BTW, what is all this hair and crappy stuff in there? How does it get that dirty? Also, please if any of you can help me out, I ask for help. I really miss these cans, Im stuck on damaged UR20s which sound like pure crap.

mini-PB090001.jpg

mini-PB090002.jpg

mini-PB090003.jpg

mini-PB090004.jpg

mini-PB090005.jpg

EDIT: I got the other driver out successfully and repaired all the creases. Sounds very good now.

Nov 2, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dokebi
You could've carefully popped out those creases with scotch tape or masking tape. A shame since it appears to be too late now.
plainface.gif

Yea, I know thats what I was doing. The board that connects to the transducer wires pulled off somehow. I was seriously unhappy with their sound with all the creases. As you can see from the pic, the drivers were rather folded.

Nov 2, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Your images are not showing up.

edit: Now they are. I can't see anything anyway.

edit2: OK, now all of the images finally showed up, not the first two. I can see the damage. If you were real careful with a vacuum, you might be able to undo that.

Nov 3, 2004 at 12:53 AM Post #6 of 6
If you wait for all of them to show up, you can see that the diaphraghm is removed. The wires pulled out. I cant see any possible way to fix it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back