Grado customer service!
Aug 1, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #61 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by tekki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
upon much research, ive come to an understanding that grado products are just a pain in the ass. they dont sound that exceptional to deserve the pardon for their bad built, price/value ratio and whatever not. the main beef i got with them is how hard it is to actually get them to do something internationally, if i broke my grado heapdhone in OZ damn its as good as gone.

i only own 1 grado, but i think thats enough for me.

Where do you even get this stuff from. So many more people on here like grados than the few that have had problems with their CS. And even a lot of the people with a grado CS problem still like the sound. Price/ value ratio? The SR-60s are a steal for their performance. The 225s are great sounding at a decent price as well.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #62 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have so much to do, in such a small amount of time (because most of our lives are spent sitting in maddening traffic, long lines for almost everything that we buy and for all business that we conduct).
So we all talk at the same time (in your perfect definition of "the no-frills-yet-effective manner of relating common among New Yorkers") which is our version of multitasking, which works quite well. The problem is, whenever we go out of our "tri-state area" we are conceived as narcissistic, uncaring, rude people.
But in reality, it is all we know and it is our only way of surviving in our little part of the world.
I, on the other hand, know when to flick the switch, and I answer every e-mail, every voicemail, and always remember to say "please" and "thank you", and I wash my hands and put the seat down after every flush.

I was an engineer with Xerox for 21 years, and customer service skills have been imbedded deep down inside my soul, and I expect that anyone I am going to do business with, show me that they want me to be their customer and that they appreciate my business.

Otherwise I go elsewhere and tell them flat out, NY style: "fuhgettaboutit"!

Hmm...come to think of it, I'm typically far more demanding of customer service than I am with Grado. I've been looking for apartments lately, and this afternoon (Friday an hour before the office closed) I almost wrote one off because the poor manager seemed polite but not enthusiastic (I later realized that was a bit much). I guess part of it is that I expect to be dealing with Grado a great deal less than with apartment management...Grado being a bit gruff isn't something I'll have to deal with on a regular basis.

Also, they got back to him with a direct, if not especially helpful, answer. After dealing with Dell tech support for so long (low standard, I know...never buying from them again), getting a straight answer right away seems a miracle.

I definitely hold myself to a higher standard than Grado when I'm in customer service, even if it's not for paying customers (say, working with the homeless)...I "sir" and "ma'am", and even get a touch of a Southern accent if I think it'll make them more comfortable.

I guess there's so much else in Grado that I can respect (SQ, small business, simple-yet-solid design) that I can overlook the CS and occasional cosmetic QC issue as "quirks". Then again, I also once dealt with the CS of an online CD store I found out too late was of a conservative Christian bent, that deleted "nasty" (read: most) email by policy...trying to put "when's my order going to ship?" in Scriptural terms was definitely an experience.

Currently listening to Louis Armstrong singing "Drop me off in Harlem" on my SR225s...coincidental, but appropriate.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #63 of 85
If Grado keeps it up... the number of fanboys putting up with their "service" will dwindle down to Grados untimely demise, and for me, that cant happen fast enough. I cant even begin to tell you how much Ive invested in that company, what did i get in return? sub-par quality and an FU attitude... LAME!

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #64 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be glad you don't have to deal with Logish*t's CS...Ever since they took over UE, asking them replace a pair of earphones is a negotiation.

"I'm sorry, you have to send your defective pair in first, here, we'll issue you a UPS tag"

"I don't have UPS stores nearby, do you expect me to waste $20 of gas to look for one?"

"Yes"

what is there to complain about? the company has signed a contract and registered under UPS, and they can and only will ship UPS. You can't do anything about it, sending in a defective product was "ALWAYS" first ever since Ultimate Ears was founded.To find a UPS store around your area, ever thought about making a phone call asking? instead of buying gas and traveling around the city looking for one?

Logitech CS is in fact one of the most superb i have seen, they may have had problems during the transition from UE to being a Logitech Company. But during my Logitech experiences, after two emails i would have my problems solved and a replacement on the way, with very polite manner. So i'm not sure what's with people here trampling Logitech's CS, but with my personal experience so far. (over ten replacements), it's been flawless.

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #65 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Grado inquiring about Demo locations in my area. This was my message:
"Where could I demo a pair of Grado headphones near Rhode Island?

Thank You"

This was their reply quoted word for word:
"we have no locations in your area, sorry"

That was it.
How unprofessional. I'm probably not going to buy anything from Grado because of that.

Crybaby-Fi is that way LOL ==>

My 3 y/o Alessandro MS2is got the grattle, so (by arrangement) I sent them back to Grado in Brooklyn.
Grado fixed them (new drivers) - free of charge - and posted them back to me in the UK - again free of charge.
So in fact Grado fixed and posted back my out-of-warranty Alessandros to the UK completely free of charge.
The invoice for repair sent back in the box says "No Charge", nice touch.

Exceptional customer service in my own experience.

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #66 of 85
God , this reply is fine, it tells you what you need to know.
Just because they didnt fill it up with kiss ass "thankyou for your amazing email mr Superpants" type nonsense you think it is unprofessional?
Why dont you call some nearby Hifi shops and ask them, if i wanted to have a look at a Samsung LCD i wouldnt call Samsung i would call the local tv places.

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:33 AM Post #67 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you even get this stuff from. So many more people on here like grados than the few that have had problems with their CS. And even a lot of the people with a grado CS problem still like the sound. Price/ value ratio? The SR-60s are a steal for their performance. The 225s are great sounding at a decent price as well.

majority of people here are from the states, while in america grado are ready and well accessable. try getting a grado in south east asia for example, or au.

an rs1 costs about 1.2k aud the last time i checked, there was only one reseller of them in au. in south east asia a grado rs1 retails for rm2400 ringgit and theres only one seller. if there are anyfaults one has to ship to singapore then ship to america. plus for the price of a grado, its not worth it. it comes in pizza boxes, the workmanship is meh and the after purchase service/warranty as good as nill.

compare this with another headphone that costs lower but with better post market suppoort?

Aug 1, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #68 of 85
Ok now let's be fair here, their communication is lacking but from all I've read here the actual fixing of problems is quite good.

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #69 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Grado keeps it up... the number of fanboys putting up with their "service" will dwindle down to Grados untimely demise, and for me, that cant happen fast enough. I cant even begin to tell you how much Ive invested in that company, what did i get in return? sub-par quality and an FU attitude... LAME!

..but yet you kept buying Grado products. You almost make it sound like you own a share of the company with your "whiny, I deserve better" attitude.

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #70 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I kind of doubt it. Remember, headphones don't break that much, and they're really not of "sub-par quality', they're actually quite solid (and simple enough to easily take apart & put back together yourself, even...a major plus, in my book.). The fact of the matter is, most Grado customers will never actually deal with Grado customer service. You don't have to be a "fanboy" to put up with slightly inadequate service for good sound quality, especially when you don't use the service that much.

And it is effective customer service, if gruff...don't be so quick to write that off. I'd prefer that to ineffectual hemming and hawing.

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #71 of 85
All I'm saying is that the reply was unprofessional. Yes they answered the question, but give me a little more than that. And I've read that Grado CS can be a bit rude. (It's amazing how people are defending grado for replying in that manner.) I've never owned Grados and never had to send one in for repair obviously, so I can't comment on that..

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #73 of 85
^^^ On the basis of this theory, then there would hardly be any threads left on Head-Fi. It's all about opinion and info sharing, right or wrong.

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #75 of 85
OK then. Time to be involved in other threads and pass this one by. No one makes anyone here read a thread if they don't want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back