Grado customer service!
Jul 31, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #46 of 85
Response to original post:

I don't get it. You asked a question and they responded.

You've got nothing to complain about.

Me, on the other hand, should complain. Here's why:

I called them and left not one, but two messages asking them a question about 18 months ago. And, as of yet, no response.

Maybe I should start a thread?
wink_face.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #48 of 85
I used to work for Apple and that sounds about right actually LOL. I stopped buying Grado products for many reasons, with quality and customer service being the top reasons. While as consumers we shouldnt expect Apple-fluff from every company, a "new york attitude" might work for an east coast buddy of yours, not all of their customers are from there and might find their responses a bit mean. I mean, AKG is Austrian, Sennheiser is German and so is Beyerdynamic. Germans and Austrians are known the world over for having terrible people/customer service skills (i should know), they STILL are far more friendly and professional in every response I ever got from them.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #49 of 85
apple's costumer service is godly.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #50 of 85
Speaking of Grado CS, has anyone here sent their Grado's in for repair? I emailed Grado about my SR80's (one channel dead, way out of warranty). They first checked where I lived (MD) and then told me to send them for repair with a check for $30 which would include return postage.

So - how is Grado repair service?

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #51 of 85
Grado repair service is, in my experience, very good. They might replace your headphones, or at least your drivers, with SR80i, though. If you don't want that to happen, don't send them in.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #52 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by murphyb74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of Grado CS, has anyone here sent their Grado's in for repair? I emailed Grado about my SR80's (one channel dead, way out of warranty). They first checked where I lived (MD) and then told me to send them for repair with a check for $30 which would include return postage.

So - how is Grado repair service?

I had to have my RS1s recabled for the same reason, and i live in the UK so a cheque is impossible. After a few phone calls i sent them in, and they sent them back to me, repaired, before i had paid, which i did via CC over the phone. Came to $100, which included return shipping (approx $35 iirc) and a new set of bowl pads (i sent them in without any to save weight).

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #54 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While as consumers we shouldnt expect Apple-fluff from every company, a "new york attitude" might work for an east coast buddy of yours, not all of their customers are from there and might find their responses a bit mean.

Are you saying that the Grado service is even worse than the Apple service? If the Apple service is "fluff" in comparison....
eek.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #55 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell that to people writing iPhone apps...

jaja wouldn't know anything about that. But they took good care of me with all my ipod issues in the past.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #56 of 85
Be glad you don't have to deal with Logish*t's CS...Ever since they took over UE, asking them replace a pair of earphones is a negotiation.

"I'm sorry, you have to send your defective pair in first, here, we'll issue you a UPS tag"

"I don't have UPS stores nearby, do you expect me to waste $20 of gas to look for one?"

"Yes"

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #57 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you saying that the Grado service is even worse than the Apple service? If the Apple service is "fluff" in comparison....
eek.gif

When I said fluff I meant "brown-nosing make you feel good in a wonderfully fake but yet I wanna smile and buy more of your products" sort of way.

Jul 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #58 of 85
upon much research, ive come to an understanding that grado products are just a pain in the ass. they dont sound that exceptional to deserve the pardon for their bad built, price/value ratio and whatever not. the main beef i got with them is how hard it is to actually get them to do something internationally, if i broke my grado heapdhone in OZ damn its as good as gone.

i only own 1 grado, but i think thats enough for me.

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #59 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@immtbiker: Do you deny the no-frills-yet-effective manner of relating common among New Yorkers? Then again, from a Southern point of view, the entire North is in a collective hurry!
k701smile.gif

We have so much to do, in such a small amount of time (because most of our lives are spent sitting in maddening traffic, long lines for almost everything that we buy and for all business that we conduct).
So we all talk at the same time (in your perfect definition of "the no-frills-yet-effective manner of relating common among New Yorkers") which is our version of multitasking, which works quite well. The problem is, whenever we go out of our "tri-state area" we are conceived as narcissistic, uncaring, rude people.
But in reality, it is all we know and it is our only way of surviving in our little part of the world.
I, on the other hand, know when to flick the switch, and I answer every e-mail, every voicemail, and always remember to say "please" and "thank you", and I wash my hands and put the seat down after every flush.

I was an engineer with Xerox for 21 years, and customer service skills have been imbedded deep down inside my soul, and I expect that anyone I am going to do business with, show me that they want me to be their customer and that they appreciate my business.

Otherwise I go elsewhere and tell them flat out, NY style: "fuhgettaboutit"!

Aug 1, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #60 of 85
So, OP, I'm curious, did you tell Grado about your dissatisfaction with their customer service?

If you haven't, why not?

And what did you think we were going to do about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back