Grado Cord Issue
Jan 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #31 of 33
Normally I'd avoid a thread like this, but it's late in the week and I'm bored so what the heck.

As a general life lesson may I suggest you don't disassemble a brand new product with which you're unhappy? Odds are for about $1.25 you could've mailed these back to either the shop you bought them from or to Grado directly and gotten a refund/replacement/repair at no charge.

Second, if you're good at repairing electronics, and you repaired the bad solder and there's still a problem, something is fishy... either with your particular set or with something else because (as evidenced in many places for many years) the design functions just fine.

Last, in my experience, Grado is very flexible with repairs even after people have done their goofy mods. There will likely be a charge now that you've seen fit to open them, but given your situation I'd write a calm letter (not like your posts in this thread) to Grado and ask them how they suggest your proceed.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #33 of 33
First, I tried contacting that guy from Grado before I even posted. He told me to contact a guy from Canada or something named "Michel". The guy didn't really help me and I don't think it's the soldering that's the problem.

Both you guys need to calm down, I didn't ninja edit this, why post calling me a spaz if you won't help me. Go troll somewhere else.

"Then send it back to Grado and quit whinging at us. Do we look like we fix headphones?"

Okay cool story bro, I'll stop "whinging" right away, *******.

I do treat these well, have since the day I got them and then this cord issue happened out of nowhere. I admit the design is "simple" but it's not that great. The plastic actually pushes up against the cord and that seems to be the problem. I guess I'll wait until they die and then see if I can somehow order a Sennheiser...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back