Grado comfort?
Oct 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lower model grado isn't too hard to find in London, think you can hear them in Swisscottage Sevenoaks, and also in Walrus Systems. Please double check with the shops. Alternatively you can get it from online shop which maybe cheaper. Do check re: warranty. However, whichever way it only last 1 year.

Yes, but they are extremely expensive on EU compared to the US.

As for comfort, the headband is adjustable.

Oct 13, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 27
I find my 225's comfortable. They are quite light and the pads soften over time with use.

Oct 13, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 27
Grado SR-60's are light and comfortable. Surprisingly so as I was warned that Grado's hurt. I got a pair of 325i's and love them (they are comfortable enough and if I want I can try other Grado ear pads--there are some variations). So far so good. But I usually don't listen more than an hour or so (unless I'm really into the tunes--in that case I still find the Grado 325i's pretty good). You get used to them. Or you change out the ear pads.

Cheers!

Oct 13, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #19 of 27
I got the HD414 pads for my SR60s and soaked them in water overnight. After about four hours, they start to irritate.

They're fine when you lie down on the pillow, I fall asleep with them a lot.

Oct 13, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #21 of 27
HD-202s were my first headphones, and I have since upgraded to Grado SR60s, now with bowls... The HD-202s clamp do seem to clamp down on my head, and somehow give me a headache after extended use. SR60s do irritate my ears a little bit after an extended period of time, but they are a lot more comfortable than HD-202s, nonetheless.

Oct 13, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #22 of 27
I find Grados pretty comfortable, based on my experience with the SR-60s, having used both bowl and comfy pads. They're very light.

Comfy pads are, well, comfier, but don't seem to provide as much bass. Bowl pads sound excellent and aren't really uncomfortable per se, but they do put the driver pretty much directly on your ear, which can get uncomfortable after long periods of listening occasionally.

Oct 13, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #23 of 27
i received a pair of sr80's last week. i cant seem to put them down. ive been listening to them all day today as i was recovering from a night of heavy drinking. they are very light and i find them very comfortable.

Oct 14, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado SR-60's are light and comfortable. Surprisingly so as I was warned that Grado's hurt.

Not if you use them on your head!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #25 of 27
I got a set a couple of days ago and have been screwing around with the headband relentlessly. Though some complain about the bowls, I don't mind them so much as the fact that my ears are physically resting against this wiremesh thing. They feel okay when I wear em, but when I take them off it looks like I decided to beat my ears with a stick, they turn a fluorescent red color (and also kind of physically hurt). But when I can bear it, they sound really nice X |

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #26 of 27
Low end grados are basically less comfortable than all notable alterntives. They may be comfortable to some people... but relative to other headphones... they aren't.

Oct 15, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #27 of 27
i have worn my sr80s for 3 hours and had no problems, im fine with the comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back