Grado Cleaning (sorry search doesn't work)
Jul 18, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 16
Funny you ask this.. What I did was put them in a pot of water and let it heat up until boiling. I also put a lot of red fool coloring in the water... Dont let them boil too long, or the pads will start to sort of "melt". When I took them out and rinsed them off (the dye) and dried them off thouroughly, they were very nice. When totally dry, they were like new. This was with comfies BTW.

Jul 18, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 16
Take 'em off, Soak 'em in some warm water, Squeeze out, Add favourite shampoo/conditioner to taste, Squish about for a bit, Rinse thoroughly, Squeeze out, Leave to dry naturally (Won't take long!) - Hey presto, fresh smelling pads!
rs1smile.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 16
short answer - soap and water is fine, and the dye won't bleed. but didn't you just get those pads? it should be quite awhile till they start smelling funky - and if they smell funky used, you should get a discount from the buyer!

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhydon
....your kidding

why would I be kidding? The pads are not red, they are pretty much black. The red dye just took away the slight fading.

Jul 18, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 16
Try Mr.Muscle, and you could use the pads to brush your toilet. It's very impressive.
icon10.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #11 of 16
I stopped using my bowl pads for a few months and I put them back on recently, and they aren't squished anymore - practically new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back