grado buttons pop off with just a twist? yeah, right...
May 18, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #122 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you are all a bunch of typical ignorant americans anyway (SOME of you are). so i'm hawaiian..so what!?

Last time I checked, Hawaii is a part of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Im not proud that im from Chicago,IL, Im proud that im from AMERICA. United we stand, divided we fall.

May 18, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #123 of 150
Some of you seem to have misconstrued the primary point I was trying to make which was the one on the way in which the manner has been handled, that it should have been dealt with in private by the powers that be. My criticism of the behaviour of some of the people in this thread was a secondary point. The counterpoints to my post, firstly the one of the limited powers of the moderators (Sherwood), well yes, their jurisdiction ends here at head-fi, but there has been no indication that anyone faces disciplinary action within the sites operations, nor has there been any comment by the mods on the issue that I have seen. Secondly (GlendaleViper), the point that the thread was necessary, ultimately, simply in order to get to the point we are now at, with the possibility looming of a resolution to this issue. That point justifies the complaints and questions in the thread, and as I did say, I approved of those inquiries, however, it does not at any point condone the insulting, shouting slagging posts in between those inquiries and debates.

Name throwing did not add anything worthwhile to this affair aside from giving a few people some laughs, now I've got what you would easily describe as a typical British oriented toilet sense of humour, and I enjoy humour that's sarcastic or takes the piss, but in this case its not funny because it isnt helpful. RyanHayn may be an idiot, but simply telling him he is one rather than trying to get him to realise WHY he is one is what such posts do.

I'm still surprised that there has not yet been any public comment from the mods here but I am relieved that the issue is hopefully being put to rest.

May 18, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #124 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To solo
I will refund your money back if this guy does not send the goods or credit you.

This is very generous of Audiofiler. Applause, applause.

Ryan: it's over a month and you too busy to either send the goods to buyer? or return his money? Sound like you weren't too busy to take the money out of your paypal account after he paid you.

May 18, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #126 of 150
Duggeh, I reread your post and I apologize - indeed I lost track of the main point. For the record, my flame was "peel my banana" in Hawaiian (or so the internet told me) so I'd like to think I managed to stay on the lighter side of the burning bridge.

Kees, I don't know what I managed to say in this thread that you decided to single me out, but "immature fool" is kind of my schtick. Thanks for the accurate assessment.

May 18, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #127 of 150
Some of the flamings are a bit unnecessary, sure, but I think the guy deserves to get some sense knocked into him. You just can't take someone's money and continue to frequent the forums as if nothing happened. As Dr. Wilson put it, "he needs to get a tummy ache after a dinner of ice-cream and ketchup once and awhile."

May 19, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #128 of 150
Of course some public shaming is warranted. Ryan didn't just decide to be nice. No, he probably got some PM from a mod (just guessing), he got called out in this thread, and probably any other that he decides to participate in - so no, it's not the goodness and kindness of his heart. I don't know what he feels but it's probably not guilt or remorse. Remember he made no attempt to contact the OP while he did find time to post here and to clean out his Paypal account.

Ryan, thank you for finally doing the right thing. It's just a shame that if you learned anything from this, that you have a fair way of showing it.

May 19, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #130 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To solo
I will refund your money back if this guy does not send the goods or credit you.

Wow, that is quite nice of you!

May 21, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #131 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI: Ryan Hayn is not his actual name.

I received this PM from ryanhayn this morning... first PM since he said he would ship the elpac.

So, I'm going to wait and see... Maybe he will do the right thing.

Solo... was this ever resolved? PM me if you still want my ELPAC.
wink.gif

May 21, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #132 of 150
Supposedly ryanhayn had his mother (who works at the post office) mail the elpac to me so it should be on it's way. he also said that he would refund my $25 as soon as he can transfer some money around. Rest assured I will keep everyone updated, but it looks like ryanhayn is trying to do the right thing.

May 21, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #134 of 150
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of you seem to have misconstrued the primary point I was trying to make which was the one on the way in which the manner has been handled, that it should have been dealt with in private by the powers that be. My criticism of the behaviour of some of the people in this thread was a secondary point. The counterpoints to my post, firstly the one of the limited powers of the moderators (Sherwood), well yes, their jurisdiction ends here at head-fi, but there has been no indication that anyone faces disciplinary action within the sites operations, nor has there been any comment by the mods on the issue that I have seen. Secondly (GlendaleViper), the point that the thread was necessary, ultimately, simply in order to get to the point we are now at, with the possibility looming of a resolution to this issue. That point justifies the complaints and questions in the thread, and as I did say, I approved of those inquiries, however, it does not at any point condone the insulting, shouting slagging posts in between those inquiries and debates.

Name throwing did not add anything worthwhile to this affair aside from giving a few people some laughs, now I've got what you would easily describe as a typical British oriented toilet sense of humour, and I enjoy humour that's sarcastic or takes the piss, but in this case its not funny because it isnt helpful. RyanHayn may be an idiot, but simply telling him he is one rather than trying to get him to realise WHY he is one is what such posts do.

I'm still surprised that there has not yet been any public comment from the mods here but I am relieved that the issue is hopefully being put to rest.

Quality posting.

May 22, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #135 of 150
I have been hawking this thread for a bit too.
To Solo, let me know the status and if this happens for you actually, reply back to the thread if possible,
thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back