Grado Bowls "grease-in"
Mar 1, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't like Flat pads on my SR-80. Flabby and bloated bass. Reversed bowls is what I preferred on the SR-80. I imagine I would react similarly with the SR-60.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion. Cheers!

Flabby and bloated bass on sr60 is just Impossible in my opinion, i use it with flat pad and they are So Precise that it make me buy a DAC to have that bass sound with my PC
basshead.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TTVJ = Todd the Vinyl Junkie

Link in the Head-Fi sponsor list at the top of the page.

Just have to be familiar with ALL the acronym used here so
tongue.gif

Thank's

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #18 of 23
I just did some hardcore bending of my headband and it has alleviated the pressure against my ears. I should go buy some frabric softener this weekend to wash the bowls in. But overall, comfort has been greatly improved by the headband bending. Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #19 of 23
Please, please do not wash and squish the bowls. You might was well just buy flats, in my opinion. Give the bowls a little time to naturally break in. They hold their shape this way and I can tell you they become infinitely more comfortable (though they'll never reach the comfort of a circumaural velour pad).

As always, I'll ask that you note that I am one of the rare people that find bowl pads perfectly comfortable. They smell good, too
confused.gif
redface.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 23
the first time that I washed bowls notices that with the use they went deforming or placing loose in the RS1. I noticed that bowls has some type of resin that maintains them in its form, and that when washing very followed them this resin it is leaving.
good tip for maintaining your degree bolws in form and tightened like new, is to let dry naturally them inside of a roll of scotch (circle of 7.5cm) right measurement of the Bowls Degree! it maintains a good time to them tight as if they were new and they are not become deformed.

scotch.jpg

EB031003.gif

this works with flat of todd and Degree bowls well. tonight I place photos.

PS: sorry my poor English of the translator online.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please, please do not wash and squish the bowls.

Too bad, in summer when we sweat it may help to wash them
eek.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lerio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you tested flat pad of sr60 on you high end Grado headphone ? i have no problem of confort with my sr60 at all
wink.gif

The SR60 comes with Comfy pads, not flat pads.

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the first time that I washed bowls notices that with the use they went deforming or placing loose in the RS1. I noticed that bowls has some type of resin that maintains them in its form, and that when washing very followed them this resin it is leaving.
good tip for maintaining your degree bolws in form and tightened like new, is to let dry naturally them inside of a roll of scotch (circle of 7.5cm) right measurement of the Bowls Degree! it maintains a good time to them tight as if they were new and they are not become deformed.

scotch.jpg

EB031003.gif

this works with flat of todd and Degree bowls well. tonight I place photos.

PS: sorry my poor English of the translator online.

after washing them, letting dry inside of the tube of scotch
Flats
415245207_4b966500c5_o.jpg

bowls
415245043_f0e59b1559_o.jpg

already dry they feel like new and tight
very_evil_smiley.gif

415245418_49ffb54c58_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back