Grado and Sennheiser at a discount.
Sep 21, 2008 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

agreenspan

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I've purchased 2 new headphones in the past few months, for a substantial discount; so I figured I would share with everyone here.

Grado RS-1 - brand new - purchased from Audioclassics(.com) for $550 ($150 savings.

Sennheiser HD-650 - brand new - purchased from J&R (jr.com) for $329 ($170 savings)
J&R is a great place to get the whole Sennheiser line, as well as Beyerdynamic, for a great discount. They don't discount Grados too well though. On the jr.com site, just click on "email a better price", or just call them.

Enjoy!
Stephen.

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #2 of 25
If this is legit, Much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 25
Also, Sennheiser is having a $50 mail-in rebate on the HD-650 through 9/30. And, if you sign up at MS Live Search (Microsoft's google counterpart), they have a 6% cashback program through JR....good for another almost $20.

Sep 21, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 25
that's true. If you buy sennheisers at J&r there is a rebate of up to $50 for the two audiophile high end phones, and less for the others. You just have to send in ANY pair of cans- working or not- even iPod buds, to get the rebate.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by agreenspan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's true. If you buy sennheisers at J&r there is a rebate of up to $50 for the two audiophile high end phones, and less for the others. You just have to send in ANY pair of cans- working or not- even iPod buds, to get the rebate.

Bloody heck.

If I have the math right.....

$330 - HD650s from J&R
-$50 - Sennheiser mail-in rebate
-$50 - "I got rid of my crappy old Sonys" discount
-$20 - Microsoft discount
= $210.

Is this really correct?

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasticteapot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bloody heck.

If I have the math right.....

$330 - HD650s from J&R
-$50 - Sennheiser mail-in rebate
-$50 - "I got rid of my crappy old Sonys" discount
-$20 - Microsoft discount
= $210.

Is this really correct?

Where are you getting the Sony discount from?

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #10 of 25
not quite... the mail in rebate is the trade in your old headphone rebate. So really, it's $260.

I got it when live was giving 15% back. So after all discounts, I paid $230. Best deal I've seen so far. I wonder if live will increase the % back during the holiday season, so maybe wait and see?

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the rs-1 at $550 new is a fantastic deal. that's what good condition used ones go for in the buy/sell forum

I seem to recall that the last time there was a great price on new Grado's posted here the vendor was soon unable to get more Grado headphones and shortly thereafter changed his prices back in line with the other Grado dealers. I'd suggest anyone considering a new pair of RS1 from this place do it soon as this pricing may not last.
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #13 of 25
Just in case, I guess I should clarify: When I bought the Grados from audioclassics, the salesman was very friendly and said he "would sell them to me for that price "($550), so I don't see why they would not do it for others. I had purchased another item from them a few months before. They are very friendly and helpful.
So just so you understand, the $550 price is not their normal published price (grado would not allow them to advertise that anyway). But its worth a try. (they'll still probably beat everyone else).

However, when it comes to Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics, J&R has the best prices as their "official" prices. They are not allowed to advertise them at that price, but they do officially sell them at that price. They will email you the lower price, or tell you on the phone.
Hope this helps.

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #14 of 25
for those who preferred headphone.com, they are having hd650 at $350. I think the $50 sennheiser rebate also valid here.

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #15 of 25
Amazing, so you can sell these phones almost the same price you bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back