Grado/Allesandro Advice Needed
Oct 4, 2008 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CloudySkies

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking into buying my first set of Grados and wanted some advice. These are going to be almost strictly used through an iPOD Classic and for portable use/around the house listening. Up until now I've used Koss KSC75s and V-Moda ear buds, but the KSC75s finally broke after about 5 years of heavy use and I need something better than ear buds.

I'm kind of stuck between going with iGrados or SR60s, I'm kind of leaning toward the iGrados but wanted to know if it's a bad move to pass up the SR60s for just $25 more. I was kind of thinking if I got the iGrados that I might try for a set of Allesandro MS1s later on down the road. Any advice or comments? And how efficient are the MS1s? Would I need an amp or are they going to be as portable device friendly as the SR60s? Also, are either of the SR60 or MS1 ideal for use as musical instrument headphones for running into a guitar amp or for recording use?

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't heard i grado's, but I would go for the 60's. They have better driver matching and will probably sound more "grado". They are easy enough to drive straight from a portable

Oct 5, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 3
I just got 80's, the open design is what I expected...unacceptable for public use imo. If your in the same room you know what I'm listening to, let alone on a bus or something...just something to keep in mind. They sound fantastic though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back