Grado/Alessandro Reconditioning
Aug 8, 2005 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JimmyDean

Head-Fier
My MS1s seemed to have developed (or maybe they have had them forever, I don't know) a channel imbalance. The right channel seemed more faint than the left. I wasnt sure what could have caused this, but there was also a slight grattle in the right channel. I sucked on the cup, and noticed it was not a distinct "pop", as in the left channel. It was much more wrinkly sounding and the pop was less defined. I got the idea to cure them using a light bulb. I had a desk lamp that had a rather high wattage bulb in it, so I took the driver housings out of the headband assembley, and took the pads off. I left them in direct brightness driver side up for about 2 minutes. After I let them cool for a while. I was surpised, but now both pop the exact same. I wouldn't suggest trying this yet, as currently it seems to have effected the sound in a negative way. They sound like they might need some breaking in or something...

EDIT: The channel imbalance went away after I did this, however.

Aug 8, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 6
They seemed to have gone back to how they were, the channel imbalance is back slightly, but they both pop exactly the same.

Jam_Master_J - I am not going to even take these apart....
cool.gif

Aug 8, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 6
Yea I have, it is a problem with the phones... Its not severe, it just seems like the right side is tiny bit quieter. I have put like 1000 hours on these since I got them, though
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back