Grado/Alessandro "i" vs old versions question
Oct 10, 2009 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone here done a side by side compare of grado/alessandro "i" vs non "i" versions of the same cans? I have read some comparisons of the 225 vs 225i but am more interested if anyone can compare the lower models using the comfy pads. So 80 vs 80i both using comfies, 60 vs 60i both using comfies, 125 vs 125i both using comfies and the ms1 vs ms1i both using the comfy pads. I am not interested in comparisons using bowl pads at the moment. Thanks

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Ive compared the sr60i to the MS1, The Alessandros had better extension,detail and clearer and better separation of sound, BUT the sr60is had a better presentation of the sound(made my feet tap a little more) and clearly better/nicer bass and when I used them with my dads onkyo reciever the sr60i improved alot more while the MS1s only had little improvement. Im really thinking of getting some MS1is

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Thats cool. Thats exactly what I thought too. I even liked the old sr60s presentation more than the ms1 but it would be cool though if we could know the exact differences between the "i' versions and the old versions of the same exact cans. I havent really found a good thread talking about this yet.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 6
I'd love to test the two versions, ms-1 and ms-1i, but it just hasn't been worth it to buy another pair, have to wait for them to ship, and then try to sell the originals. From the few comments I've seen, there isn't much difference between the orig. and "improved" versions, but I wouldn't mind hearing for myself. Fwiw, I thought the MS-1 was heads and shoulders above the SR60i in every way (unless you like the really forward mid).

I guess if someone wanted to buy my MS-1s, I could order the new version and compare them for a day or two. I could switch out the pads when I shipped them to give the new pads. I really like the "low profile" look though (I sometimes wear them outside in the summer), and I'm just afraid after all that I might prefer to keep the MS-1s!
biggrin.gif
espec. if like some people say there's not much sound difference.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 6
Please report on this thread your ms1 vs ms1i impressions after at least a day of burn in. That would be one headphone down from my list above
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Anyone else with impressions on "i" versions vs the old counterparts? I'm really interested in how the new 125i turned out. Wondering whats up with the new part of the ad saying it sounds like the rs1i. hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back