Grado/alessandro channel imbalance?
Jun 12, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 19
I think my 325i's are slightly imbalanced. I don't notice it usually, but if I A/B them with another headphone, it is very apparent for the first minute or so, until my ears get used to it again.
This means that it can't be my head/hearing that is off, it has to be the grados.

Jun 13, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 19
Here's another opinion

Theoretically if both channels are balanced, if I was to reverse the headphones (so the right 'phone was on my left ear) and then activate the "Reverse stereo channels" DSP in foobar2000, wouldn't the sound be pretty much the exact same? I can clearly say with my headphones this isn't the case, and that in normal listening the left side sounds more exaggerated, and when I flip them and reverse channels, the sound in my right ear (which is coming from the left side of the headphones) STILL sounds exaggerated. Definately some kind of imbalance going on here.

Jun 13, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #18 of 19
Also, I *have* considered the fact that one ear might be better than the other, and I really think that my left ear IS better. Things sound clearer to me through my left ear; however, sound is DEFINATELY coming out louder through the left channel on these Alessandros, when I reverse them the sound is still clearer to my left ear, but the sound is louder to my right ear.

Does anyone know what might cause this? Like, a driver problem, or a cable problem? I'm pretty sure the position on my head isn't the cause, I've tried moving them around and I can't seem to rebalance it like people here have said.

Jun 13, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #19 of 19
Well, I figured I can't blame it on the headphones until I try another source, to rule out that possibility.

When I plug the headphones into a Yamaha keyboard I have, which I'm pretty sure has either a mono or very close stereo sound, the sound is pretty much right in the middle. So now I'm trying to find out where in the line from the music to the headphones is causing this imbalance. Could be my soundcard, interconnects, or receiver's headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back