Grado 3d model
Feb 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #16 of 28
Cool.. Thanks Sakarns!!!!

Quote:
I've worked with CNC machinists who use DWG files.  Autocad can handle 3D data, it's just not surface based like most, but rather boundary based.  Given that CNC is a subtractive process, its perfectly reasonable to use boundary data.

I'll get working on the 3D model.  I should be able to have it done by the end of the week.  

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #17 of 28
Hey qubyts, 

I've got a good hold on the model, just have a couple or questions / improvements.  Ask your CNC guy if they'll do wood as well - would be nice to make the inner cup out of wood and the outer portion out of alu. I'll also model the c-clip that holds the cup in place and the rod blocks, would be great to have them milled out of alu as well.  That all sound good to you?

Thanks,
Sean

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #19 of 28

Quote:
Hey qubyts, 

I've got a good hold on the model, just have a couple or questions / improvements.  Ask your CNC guy if they'll do wood as well - would be nice to make the inner cup out of wood and the outer portion out of alu. I'll also model the c-clip that holds the cup in place and the rod blocks, would be great to have them milled out of alu as well.  That all sound good to you?

Thanks,
Sean

The whole model will be made in wood :) but yeah the holder and rods would also be awesome :)

Quote:
I can do some CAD work. What do you need?

The exact model of the a pair of Grado's (sr60i--sr325i) :)

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #22 of 28
I'll whip up an AutoCAD 2010 (student edition) model tomorrow. 

Unit's in mm? It looks like you already made a model. What program?

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #23 of 28
Feb 3, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #24 of 28
Finally got round to doing a quick model of the outer cup, could do with further information if you want me to do a front spacer.

The files are here have included the original solidworks part, then STL and IGES the machinist should be fine with one of the two latter files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?682hyr9zp2qaz

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #27 of 28
Well I whipped it together really quickly, (about four minutes haha) you may want to check it... just email me at mdraluck23@gmail.com if you want it. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #28 of 28
Resurrecting thread...

I'm looking for a model of the rodblock.  It doesn't even have to be exactly the same.  Something with set screws would be great.  I'd like to either see about getting a set of aluminum rodblocks made, or barring that, I can ask my brother to 3d print some.  

If I had a model to look at, I may even be able to make some from wood...

If any of you have this, I'd love to see it.

Thanks folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back