Grado 325is' and Genre Opinion
Mar 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lescanard

100+ Head-Fier
I have owned and enjoyed my 325is' for nearly a year now. I'm one of those people who truly enjoy the variety of my phones collection - depending on my mood, artist etc. I reach for different phones on a regular rotating basis.

I'm simply looking for opinions on the 325is' as it relates to genre of music that they shine with. Nearly every time I read a thread on these phones with regards to recommendations or not - I often see someone say that these Grados excel at rock, rock music, etc. I simply don't find that to be true. If I feel like listening to some rock (i.e. The Who, Alice in Chains, Black Keys - whatever) I just don't think they perform nearly as well as my other cans (esp. Denons). They even sound a bit muddy to me - guitars, voices, bass and drums all seem to get lost together.

That being said - whenever I want to hear some excellent acoustic music the Grados are just stunning I think. I listen to them with a d10, or my LD I+ (325is are beautiful with tubes IMO) and the detail and clarity on the acoustic guitars, rhythm guitars, voices and cymbals are fantastic. I'm wondering why I seem to think the complete opposite of so many other 325is owners - that these Grados are ok for rock but truly amazing with acoustic tunes? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back