Grado 325i:Should they be called baby PS-1's
Feb 10, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
interestingly enough I have had two opinions that they sound like the PS-1's.

Wow, did you get any opinions from folks with hearing?
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
Here are my MS-2 "fatboys" or "i" or "I don't care there just awsome" eddition.

So the new MS-2 is silver, while the new SR325 is gold?
confused.gif

Is Alessandro having custom cups made for their headphones that aren't anodized in gold, or is there another reason that only the Grado version has a gold finish?

Feb 10, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Wow, did you get any opinions from folks with hearing?
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Sorry I should of worded it better. They Sound more like PS-1's. This was their opinion. When I get mine I will be able to determine for myself.

Feb 10, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOmac
it's gold for their 50th Anniversary

Which not surprisingly was in 2003...

I have the gold fatties and yes, they are different and better sounding than the old style 325. So with that in mind, I would assume also, that they do sound closer to PS-1's than they used to, by the assumption that PS-1's sounded better in the first place (never heard them).

Feb 10, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #24 of 29
Since I prefer the MS2 to the SR325 and the new SR325 Gold/Fatboy is better than the classic, perhaps the new MS2/Fatboy could be my "baby PS-1."
rs1smile.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
the CD3000 were never the 'Baby R10' ....

Well actually I do have heard this statement here many times, as the CD3K being the little brother or the baby R-10's, even IIRC the woody R-10 cup shaped for the CD3K was born trying to make them sound more similar (not sure if with, or without success, though) but it is weird why you didn't have heard that before being an old member here.......
Well nevermind, all I can tell you, is that in my short experience through the headphone world, what I have found is that if I have to live with the lack of the R-10, I will stick my whole life with the CD3000, I have not found any other headphone yet that sounded closer to it....of course there are huge differences, but comparing the rest I have heard, the differences are even bigger, and IMO after hearing the R-10 is really hard for me to find any headphone that did not sounded like a toy in comparison, my best hope was on the Qualia......and forget about it.....
3000smile.gif
3000smile.gif
3000smile.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Sovkiller>How come you never bought a set of R-10's? I know you like them

Not everybody has money to spend 3K+ on a headphone, I wish to have the money to get them...The best price I was quoted some years ago, at the begining of me joining headfi, for a new pair was $2700.00, but I didn't have it at that time, and I don't have it now, so the only thing I can do is dreaming about them until I do.......
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
Since I prefer the MS2 to the SR325 and the new SR325 Gold/Fatboy is better than the classic, perhaps the new MS2/Fatboy could be my "baby PS-1."
rs1smile.gif

Back to your 650's there Senn Boy!!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:38 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Back to your 650's there Senn Boy!!!!

Awww....Yes Sir.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back