Grado 325i:Should they be called baby PS-1's
Feb 7, 2005 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
I am waiting for my delivery of the new grado 325i. From initial reports I have read some say their is no difference from the old 325, but interestingly enough I have had two opinions that they sound like the PS-1's. Now it is too early too say ATM but when I get mine I will compare.

If this is the case maybe we should give them a alternative name like Baby P's or PS's. You have heard of the Baby O (Orpheus), Baby Qualia's (SA5k) now it's grado's turn. Could this be the Baby PS's?

Feb 7, 2005 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 29
I too am waiting patiently for my 325is to arrive (my 1/4 to 1/8 grado adapter and flat pads arrived from Todd last friday, made me all the more anxious for the phones!) I'd appreciate any input on this subject as well.

Feb 7, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 29
I call the new MS-2 "fatboy" because they remind me of Harley Davison motorcycles. From the chrome of the broad earcups to the "ape hanger" antennas and the leather headband which resembles a saddle. It just oozes the rebellious badboy look.
cool.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 29
I think the 'aspirational' nature of the headphone nicknames here are rather amusing. Funny that it doesn't seem to apply to Japanese phones... the CD3000 were never the 'Baby R10' and the ATH-A900 were never the 'Baby ATH-L3000'.

Feb 7, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I think the 'aspirational' nature of the headphone nicknames here are rather amusing. Funny that it doesn't seem to apply to Japanese phones... the CD3000 were never the 'Baby R10' and the ATH-A900 were never the 'Baby ATH-L3000'.

Sony MDR-SA5000 = Baby Sony Qualia 010 ...

Feb 9, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
I call the new MS-2 "fatboy" because they remind me of Harley Davison motorcycles. From the chrome of the broad earcups to the "ape hanger" antennas and the leather headband which resembles a saddle. It just oozes the rebellious badboy look.
cool.gif

are there any pictures of the grado 325i online? or the new MS-2s? i tried the search here and on google and was unsuccessul
frown.gif

side note: i was gonna make a totally hilarious joke in the above sentence by adding putting "BMW" before grado and doing a strikethrough on it, but it seems this board doesn't do strikethrough, or i just forget how to do it. but get it? BMW 325i? oh man that would have been awesome. (please do not bother telling me if this joke has already been made. it will hurt my feelings).

Feb 9, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

But I've heard the A900s described as "baby CD3Ks!"

Feb 9, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by phkd
are there any pictures of the grado 325i online? or the new MS-2s? i tried the search here and on google and was unsuccessul
frown.gif

Here are my MS-2 "fatboys" or "i" or "I don't care there just awsome" eddition.

Feb 9, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #11 of 29
*where's the drool smiley* better leave if out or this place will be covered in drool.

radicaltothemax, where did you get the new MS-2 from? I ordered mine from a retailer who told me they had the newer MS-2 instock only to receive the older one. Have you posted any reviews of how they sound? that'd be appreciated. Mine will probably go to Larry straight away unopended for a circumaural and recable mod so I won't get a chance to hear them stock.

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Mine will probably go to Larry straight away unopended for a circumaural and recable mod so I won't get a chance to hear them stock.

Circumaural... are you leaving one of your Teams?
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your MS2!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Circumaural... are you leaving one of your Teams?
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your MS2!
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha, well apparently they improve the soundstage aswell without affecting Grado's signature sound that we love (or hate). So I'm still part of Team Comfort last, but it's getting easier by the day
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

*where's the drool smiley* better leave if out or this place will be covered in drool.

radicaltothemax, where did you get the new MS-2 from? I ordered mine from a retailer who told me they had the newer MS-2 instock only to receive the older one. Have you posted any reviews of how they sound? that'd be appreciated. Mine will probably go to Larry straight away unopended for a circumaural and recable mod so I won't get a chance to hear them stock.

I got them straight from Alessandro, around Christmas time...
I've never actually heard any other high end Grados so I can't really comment, but they do sound amazing.

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Maybe because the CD3000 and the ATH-A900 both suck respectively? No sarcasm, quite a legitimate question there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back