GRADO 325i/s Gold or Silver??! @ Amazon.com
Dec 28, 2012 at 2:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ShowDowN

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I been looking for some "gold" Grado 325is and found some in Amazon.com But im a little confused/and hesitant on pulling the trigger on this buy for the reason been that the title of the item says "Grado Prestige Series SR325is Headphones" but the item/model number says MODEL: SR325I, and the product description says its the "is" Model, and the pictures show the gold and silver grado,? I know there was the fist grado, then they improved that model with the "i" model witch stood for improvement, and the latest model is the "is" the"s" standing for silver, correct? Ok so what am I looking at the silver or gold grado? I emailed amazon and grado but i'm waiting for a reply. I would really appreciate if someone would help me out, thanks!!!  Here's the link by the way

http://www.amazon.com/Grado-Prestige-Series-SR325is-Headphones/dp/B000J1N3HW/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=A37X6SD97CS5LJ    
Thanks guys

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Thank you sir, you saved me a lot of trouble. 
smile.gif
You seem to have a lot of headphones, I have a question what headphone would you recommend as a grado replacement? I listen to Nu/Heavy metal , rock, etc. Bands like led zeppelin, disturbed, judas priest, rob halford, iron maiden, metallica, I was planning on buying a arrow headphone amp by Headstage Arrow 12HE 4G, source will be a sony pcm m10, and iphone4s at times, what headphone would you recommend? budget under $700.00 I have a grado 323is (silver) You know of a closed headphone or maybe a open one that might fit my needs? I was looking at ultrasone 900 because of their s logic and shure 1440 and 1840. Awesome reviews by the way I been reading a lot of your reviews thanks again Malveaux.

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Oh yeah the problem with the grado is that I cannot use it for long periods of time, they make my damn ears ring.lol. I know I need to turn the volume down lol, any recommendations? gracias!

Dec 28, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Thank you sir, you saved me a lot of trouble. 
smile.gif
You seem to have a lot of headphones, I have a question what headphone would you recommend as a grado replacement? I listen to Nu/Heavy metal , rock, etc. Bands like led zeppelin, disturbed, judas priest, rob halford, iron maiden, metallica, I was planning on buying a arrow headphone amp by Headstage Arrow 12HE 4G, source will be a sony pcm m10, and iphone4s at times, what headphone would you recommend? budget under $700.00 I have a grado 323is (silver) You know of a closed headphone or maybe a open one that might fit my needs? I was looking at ultrasone 900 because of their s logic and shure 1440 and 1840. Awesome reviews by the way I been reading a lot of your reviews thanks again Malveaux.

Quote:
Oh yeah the problem with the grado is that I cannot use it for long periods of time, they make my damn ears ring.lol. I know I need to turn the volume down lol, any recommendations? gracias!

Heya,

Sounds like you like aggressive sound, but you are sensitive to fatigue of the treble and likely high volume.

Some suggestions for a closed headphone:

Ultrasone HFI 780
Ultrason PRO 750
Beyer Custom One Pro
Beyer DT770 PRO
Mr Speakers Mad Dog (modded T50RP)
AudioTechnica A900X

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back