Grado 325i Mod
Jan 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jaisin

New Head-Fier
I would like to remove the 325i logo from my heaphones. I saw that you can remove the button from Grados on http://headwize.com/projects/showfil...=grado_prj.htm. Will removing the button mess up the black paint on the grill? Also, will removing the button change the sound of the headphones?

Jan 15, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 9
In all honesty, I haven't tried removing the button, but as the paint on my SR325i was so prone to flaking off, I would hazard an educated guess and say that the black paint would come off along with the button.

Jan 15, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In all honesty, I haven't tried removing the button, but as the paint on my SR325i was so prone to flaking off, I would hazard an educated guess and say that the black paint would come off along with the button.

agree... the black paint will probably flake off. Never tried it though.

IMHO a safer route would be to open the earcups and replace the perforated mesh.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 9
Is the button just glued on?

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 9
hmm... Now I don't know what to do. I would like to remove them, but I don't want to see glue remaining on the grill.

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaisin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm... Now I don't know what to do. I would like to remove them, but I don't want to see glue remaining on the grill.

I finally found a thread about it. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ght=grado+glue

Jan 15, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agree... the black paint will probably flake off. Never tried it though.

IMHO a safer route would be to open the earcups and replace the perforated mesh.

Would that be the same/best way to recable the 325's as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back