Grado 325 vs HP-2: looking for feedback....
Oct 4, 2005 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pjr300

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for feedback between thesetwo models. Has the 325 repalced the Signature series in the line-up? What is the real-world performance difference? Feedback appreciated...thanks!

Oct 4, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjr300
Looking for feedback between thesetwo models. Has the 325 repalced the Signature series in the line-up? What is the real-world performance difference? Feedback appreciated...thanks!

Hello, the reference series is now the RS-1. It's wooden and is the current top of the line Grado that John offers. There is also the professional series - the PS-1, which is only attainable through Todd the Vinyl Junkie. This is also a superb can. I wouldn't call either "better" - just different - than the HP1000 Joe Grado signature series of cans.

The SR325i is in the prestige series, which is the lower end series of Grados. It's still a great can, just not near the same territory as the ones mentioned above.

Oct 6, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Hello, the reference series is now the RS-1. It's wooden and is the current top of the line Grado that John offers. There is also the professional series - the PS-1, which is only attainable through Todd the Vinyl Junkie. This is also a superb can. I wouldn't call either "better" - just different - than the HP1000 Joe Grado signature series of cans.

The SR325i is in the prestige series, which is the lower end series of Grados. It's still a great can, just not near the same territory as the ones mentioned above.

Thanks Jahn.... I was kinda wondering how different the 325i was from the old HP-2 (an older product that I was familiar with).

Oct 6, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjr300
Thanks Jahn.... I was kinda wondering how different the 325i was from the old HP-2 (an older product that I was familiar with).

Hmm, well the 325i is bassier, as in, it goes down deeper but it also isn't as tight. The highs are brighter up top, but warmer than the old 325 by a lot. However, the highs are still grainy and a bit sibilant when compared to the HP2. The 325i seems to be more forward as well - the HP2 has better imaging, detail and soundstage. Both have great mids, but the HP2 sounds more "realistic" when both go head to head with their forte - female vocals. The 325i is a bit dry in the throat there, while the HP2 is even and neutral, and if there's spit and it's supposed to sound wet, it will sound wet.

All subjective opinion of course, but that's my impression! The SR325i is still a darn good can for the price tho.

Oct 6, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 5
Great feedback....thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back