Grado 325 upgraded ?
Feb 9, 2005 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Myrrman

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I just got off the phone after talking to the local Grado distributer. He mentioned that Grado are now offering an upgraded version of the 325's - designated 325i I think - but unfortunately he couldn't find the spec sheet he'd been sent. Can anyone enlighten me as to the nature of the upgrade and more importantly, has anyone auditioned a set ?

Feb 9, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 13
Oops, my apologies.

I've been reading these forums non-stop for the past couple of days and I can't believe I missed the whole 325i topic.

(I guess I've used up my allowance of dumb, newbie questions
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 9, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrrman
Oops, my apologies.

I've been reading these forums non-stop for the past couple of days and I can't believe I missed the whole 325i topic.

biggrin.gif
)

heheh, it's cool. this forum tends to go pretty quickly, so it's understandable. feel free to ask as many newbie questions as you want
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myrrman
Oops, my apologies.

biggrin.gif
)

When you search you might want to search for 'gold grados' or something insted of the 325i, the first ones that found its way online where gold-colored..
As i recall there was a lot of discussion about 2-3weeks ago, many even questioned their existence
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 13
yes, alot of people currently have them on order like myself, so if your not in a hurry in under 2 weeks im sure this forum will have alot of reviews popping up.

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Quote from Decibel Audio (bolding mine)
These are the new improved version of the 325's soon to be called the 325i. They feature a better driver and a new metal material and the gold color that actually have better resonance qualities, adding/improving the overall sound. The way that the driver and the new housing move air and react to sound vibrations are now different than the old SR325. Thus, better sound. The old SR325 headphones were great but these are really amazing and the price has not changed. New technical information should be released soon.

Man, when the say the driver has changed while in the same sentence claim the Gold colour actually has a effect on the sound that really puts a dent in their credability and also the former claim. But I hope it's all true, including the Gold part, but since i'm getting the MS-2 fatboy it matters little.

Feb 9, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
Man, when the say the driver has changed while in the same sentence claim the Gold colour actually has a effect on the sound really that really puts a dent in their credability and the former claim. But I hope it's all true, including the Gold part, but since i'm getting the MS-2 fatboy it matters little.

I think there talking mostly about the new metal casing more so that the actual color.

Feb 9, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
Man, when the say the driver has changed while in the same sentence claim the Gold colour actually has a effect on the sound that really puts a dent in their credability and also the former claim. But I hope it's all true, including the Gold part, but since i'm getting the MS-2 fatboy it matters little.

I think they meant the metal itself changes the sound....not the color...I think it's a typo.

edit: someone beat me to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back