grado 325 black
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

beez

100+ Head-Fier
best grados alive. i liked but sold my rs1is long ago. i've had many headphones come and go, these and the sr60s will never leave me. mostly just listen straight from source. just wanted to show some love.

cheers

PSA: if you've never heard grados through flat pads you've never heard a grado. 

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
best grados alive. i liked but sold my rs1is long ago. i've had many headphones come and go, these and the sr60s will never leave me. mostly just listen straight from source. just wanted to show some love.

cheers

PSA: if you've never heard grados through flat pads you've never heard a grado. 

Best?, Hmmm!, i'll give you very good.

PSA: if you've never heard HP1000s through flat pads, you've never heard a Grado
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Best?, Hmmm!, i'll give you very good.

PSA: if you've never heard HP1000s through flat pads you've never heard Grado
wink.gif

one day i will own a pair!... how do they really compare to the other grados though in your opinion? i havent heard any of the new ones (ps500, ps1k, etc) or super high end ones. for me the rs1i was not worth keeping at the price point compared to the lower models as beautiful as they sounded. just couldnt justify the $600 between them and my sr60.  i found my magic in the 325's though and feel no real need to get the rs1 again until i have some real expendable income. what are your thoughts on the hp1k? should i jump right up to them eventually?

grados have a magic sound about them and a real emotion that i haven't found from any other brands. i did love my little stax sr003 (would like to own some more stax in the future) and kinda liked the senn hd650 but there's something raw about the grado sound that i can't live without.

May 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 4
I agree about Grados having a particular sound signature, as far as the RS1i vs the SR60i, i believe that it's not that the RS1i aren't worth the asking price, it's that the SR60i are such overachieving headphones,for their price, that it makes the RS1i seem less appealing to some.

Regarding the HP1000,some say that they're THE best headphones that Grado has ever produced, i on the other hand, prefer the sound of my PS1000, to my ears, they have a little more bass and treble extension, and a bigger soundstage, i do however rank the HP1000 as a VERY close second to the PS1000.

Now, should you make the jump and get the HP1000 if the opportunity arises, i think that if the price is right, than yes, why?, first, they're great sounding headphones, and second, if you get them at a fair price, you can resell them for the same price that you've paid, or more, if you ever need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back