GRADEO EXTENSION CABLE
Jun 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

odalanizi

New Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I recently got a Grado Extension cable... it was fairly expensive, but I heard al ot of good reviews.

Anyway, I overlooked the factor that the jack is 4.57 mm. It doesn't fit into anything; like the tv, mp3 player, or computer.

I imagine there's some sort of attachment that'll make it work? what exactly is it called and perhaps a link to where I can find it?

I'm very disappointed I overlooked this! I was hoping I'd get to try it out as soon as it arrived.... silly me.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #3 of 14
Yeh, the 1/4 plug is kind of a hassle for anything semi-portable. Grado also makes an 1/4 to 1/8 adapter as do a number of companies. The grado one is good, though, as it has a small length of cable between the female and male to take the potential stress off the otherwise long plug/adapter combo. I think the grado one is about $25.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 14
the sennheiser one is good too, and cheaper.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 14
Both the Sennheiser and Grado one are the best, because they don't put tons of strain on the headphone jack of whatever you're plugging into. Don't get one of the ones that is just a solid piece terminating in a 1/8th inch plug... you could damage your equipment.

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 14
Well things with the 1/8 plug are usually portable and used with a short length cable, so it makes sense to use the 1/4 jack for an extension cord.

Jun 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by odalanizi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damnit! so I've got to spend MORE money ... geez! this new passion of mine is making my pants real light.

thanks for the help, though, guys. I appreciate it!

You ain't seen nothin' yet.
icon10.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't get one of the ones that is just a solid piece terminating in a 1/8th inch plug... you could damage your equipment.

...which happened to me... Now the headphone jack on the front of my computer is un-usable.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL HO HO HO!!
icon10.gif

It's not funny, dude.
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back