Grace 901 VS Emmeline HR2?
May 29, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #2 of 11
Wow, uh, could a moderator please put a question mark at the end of the title of this thread.

I got all excited about a possible comparison of the two...
frown.gif

May 29, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 11
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hopefully you will get an answer. I've never heard either and I'm curious as well. Since they are both fairly new, I doubt we will see anything conclusive, but maybe...

May 29, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 11
I don't know if anyone has done this comparison. Seems to me that if you don't need the DAC (or it's not as good as what you already have), you are plowing a lot of the sticker price for the DAC in the Grace, where the HR-2 all your $$ goes into the amp itself. Admittedly, that doesn't insure that you would like the HR-2 better, but it is a consideration I would think.

What does the rest of your system look like (source/cables/cans)?

Mark

May 29, 2003 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 11
I have the HR-2 and the HD-600 w/Cardas. I listen to them daily and each day I enjoy the amp more. I also had the opportunity to listen to the R10's at the Chicago meet with the Emmeline. I must say that my first impression was that they are a perfect match. Soundstage was excellent and there was no area of the musical spectrum that I found lacking in my brief opportunity to listen. Markl and Kieran Comito both have R10's and the HR-2 and can probably give you much more useful info. Sorry that I have never heard the Grace.

May 29, 2003 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 11
bluesaint,
I, too had a pair of the Voodoo Reference cables and liked them a lot, I thought they were incredible for the $$. They synergize well with the HR-2, which in turn as john_jcb noted, synergizes magically with the R10s. For more detailed info on the HR-2/R10 combo, you can see my review here:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=emmeline

I've owned a bunch of amps, and the HR-2 is my favorite!

mark

May 30, 2003 at 12:58 PM Post #11 of 11
Bluesaint, very detailed info on both op-amps are in the original thread I linked to above (maybe page 2 of the thread).

mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back