Govibe Amplifier Appreciation/Discussion Thread
Aug 20, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #18 of 22
updated first page with latest govibe mini box (2012 version) review, the comparison between Fiio E6 can be a huge for people who is looking for portable amplifier.
Using mini box at the moment for outdoor usage, it really does perform much better then E6. Purely my personal opinion.

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #21 of 22
Facing a tough choice dilemma here, and would be very grateful for valuable opinions of fellow head-fyiers!

I am in search of a highly portable USB DAC/Amp to be paired with my Audiotechnica ATH-ES10, and maybe (in the future) with UE-900.

So far, based on my list of requirements, the seach narrowed down to RSA Predator/HeadAmp Pico USB DAC/Amp, and now GoVibe... ???

I need the device to take USB digital input (I don't necessarily need coax/optical), I need it to power both the DAC and the amp section off its battery or have very low power consumption off USB, as I intend to use it both with my laptop and with my iPad+CCK.

I am more onto the warmer/lush/fleshy/intimate side of sound signature, rather than overly bright/crisp/forward/neutral/analytical. I do love details, instrument separation and positioning better than bass boom, attack and power. I really need excellent soundstage (as wide as it gets). 

My home rig is a tube amp, but I am not going to carry any tubes around, so the PortaTube is out of race.

Price is of a lesser issue. 

Could you please share your thoughts? What would you be getting in my place? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back