Gotan Project recommendations
Apr 30, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 10
Not sure if these are exactly the same, but I would lump them into the same group based on what I reach for when I am in 'that mood'.
wink.gif

Bebel Gilberto
Fernanda Porto
Thievery Corporation
Koop

Apr 30, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 10
WOW! i had never heard any gotan before. this is awesome!
one really good samba album is Senor Coconut's El Baile Aleman. Its all covers of old Craftwerk. i liked it alot - its silly enough that its not self concious but the sheer genius of the album gives it alot of integrity.

im off to amazon to buy some gotan now...

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not trying to be fussy here, but I don't think Bebel Gilberto or Fernanda Porto would be very happy if they knew their music is considered tango.

Of couse, you are right, Bebel Gilberto is much more Bossa Nova.

Apr 30, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not trying to be fussy here, but I don't think Bebel Gilberto or Fernanda Porto would be very happy if they knew their music is considered tango.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure if these are exactly the same, but I would lump them into the same group based on what I reach for when I am in 'that mood'.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I am not saying they are tango. I also don't consider theivery corporation or koop to be tango. I do think that they have a similar feel at times though... which is what I was getting at.

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #10 of 10
I have never heard about Gotan Project until 2 days ago when I saw them at the Coachella music festival. Amazing. I was going from high energy electronic and rock and i heard something much more chill and decided to take a break from the chaos. This band was amazing live. They were all dressed in white tuxedos (even the DJ) and everything was played live. Sounded great, and now I am listening to them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back