Gotan Project, I like. Recommendations?
Jul 9, 2007 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mochimon

100+ Head-Fier
Im not like IN LOVE with gotan, but i DO like the modern latin sound. I really, really liked senor coconuts "El Baile Aleman" but it seems too obscure. I also like Astor Piazzola. im not too experiences with latin music.

I listened to Buena Vista Social Club and found it a bit too tame and typical - to folkish or something. Id like something kinda quirky. Something interesting.

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 8
51WTRRWYN8L._SS500_.jpg

Tanghetto

Emigrante (electrotango) is the debut album by Buenos Aires-based electronic neo-tango band Tanghetto. The album was released in 2003, reaching gold sales in early 2005. In 2004 Emigrante (electrotango) was nominated for a Latin Grammy Award.

Although it is instrumental, there is an underlying concept through the album: how Argentina, historically a country of immigrants, became a country of emigrating people.

The music of Emigrante is a balance between the electronically generated sounds and acoustic instruments (bandoneón, piano, and guitar). The album was produced by Max Masri and coproduced by Diego S. Veláquez. - Wikipedia

wink.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #6 of 8
with this post i will now be able to post to the for sale section. thats all. is this like against the rules or something?

probably. its sorta spam. well if anyone reads this... im sorry.

also i didnt really like the music suggestions you guys had. it seemed to 90's technoish.

Oct 21, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 8
I think the OP is long gone, but there's a great tango comp in the "Think Global" series released by the UK famine-relief organization Oxfam. Has both rustic and techno Argentine stuff:

Think Global: Tango

Pssst: "Volume 1" of their "bellydance music" comps is fantastic also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back