Got waveterminal u24, need help!
Mar 3, 2005 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

spike33

1000+ Head-Fier
I got the drivers installed and found the u24 control panel but can't find the asio control panel described in the manual? how do i access that?

also, on foobar, i can't get asio working, i get this error:
INFO (foo_output_asio(exe)) : open : 44100 Hz, LINEAR PCM, 24 bits, 2 channels
INFO (foo_output_asio(exe)) : ASIO device type [channel 0] : Int16LSB
INFO (foo_output_asio(exe)) : ASIO device type [channel 1] : Int16LSB
ERROR (foo_output_asio(exe)) : unsupported output data format.

help plz?

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello Spike,

Got your PM and thought I'd respond here. I'm not going to be much help with a standard installation because my software CD was broken in shipment, and I pulled the files I used from the Egosys web site. There is a thread that reports on my problems and eventual solutions Here's the Link. If you check it out, you'll see I got the same error message you posted. You will also find the remedy I used.

I never found the ASIO control panel the manual describes either. What I did find (accidentally) was a utility that provided me that capability. It's referenced in the thread I mentioned.

The U24 is a great piece of hardware, but the software and documentation are lacking in my experience. Hope some of this helps.

Regards,

BW

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 4
the asio utility is pretty useful. No error when running asio, but after a few seconds of playtime, it starts crackling. I'm still very satisfied with just directsound, nice improvement over transit.

bill, what are your asio settings? for asio utility and foobar

Thanks

Mar 3, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
the asio utility is pretty useful. No error when running asio, but after a few seconds of playtime, it starts crackling. I'm still very satisfied with just directsound, nice improvement over transit.

bill, what are your asio settings? for asio utility and foobar

Here you go. ASIO -->Control Panel-->USB Tab
Device = U24
Sample rate = 44.1
Resolution = 24 bit

ASIO Tab
ASIO resolution = 24 bit
Application priority = normal
System performance = normal

U2x Tab = retained the defaults

Foobar-->Preferences-->Playback
Full File Buffering = 1000KB
Replaygain = disabled
Output = 24bit fixed-point

Foobar-->Preferences-->Output = ASIO (dll version)
Device = ESI U24 USBAudio ASIO Driver
Thread Priority = Time critical
Buffer size = 21

Hope this makes sense and is of some use. I'm using the 2.15 driver download because it's the only one I could ever get to work.

Good luck.

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back