Got two GoVibes, thinking of getting the X-CAN3
Jan 13, 2008 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Raymate

100+ Head-Fier
Going from GoVibes (3 and 5) to the X-CAN3 what will change.

What kind of sound will I get?

Is the X-CAN3 better than what I have?

My two main cans are HD600 and HD650, the combo I like best is the GoVibe 3 and HD650

How will the sound change?

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 7
anyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 7
There is a LOT written about the X-can V3. You can look it up by using the search button (upper right corner).
I don't know why you think the go-vibe and the X-can V3 can be compared. They are totally different. The go-vibe is a good sounding portable, the X-can v3 is a full blown more than decent home amp.
Not in the same league. Not even the same ball game.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Yes I have read many pages on HeadFi about the X-can, and I know they are completely different what I'm trying to find out is if anyone had the GoVibe then went to X-can what was their story, how did the new sound hit them.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 7
I think I can help you out here. I've been using, and still am, the Go-Vibe 5 with my Ety ER-4S. While I didn't use the model you're inquiring about, I did try the previous one. The X-Can V2 was incredible! And honestly, you absolutely should not be comparing the two. I always thought there was something missing with the Etys, even though they were clean, clear and crisp. The X-Can V2 added a whole new dimension to the sound. What was once flat and dull (I love my Etys, but you know what I mean) became warm and round. Music gained air, but mostly became very liquid. Basically, the sound was very pleasing, soundstage improved dramatically, listening fatigue disappeared far far away, and the bass region (The Go-Vibe 5 lacks at this imho) really gained control. Tight, precise and realistic. There is a lot of change, and I'm sure I can write out a whole proper review if I had to. But you get the jist of it. It is a wonderful amp, and like the others said, you really should not be comparing the two. It is something totally different and leagues better than the Go-Vibe model.

Feb 6, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 7
The X-Can will make your HD's boogie (as much as they're capable)

Would also recommend checking out the Rock Grotto forum.

Mike "Pink Floyd" Grierson makes some excellent and affordable mods especially for the X-can family.
The "Little Pinkie" LP V3i power supply is a much better deal than MF's power supply IMO.

Feb 11, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Thank you for the reply, this is the sort of thing I wanted to know.

Think I'm going to order one real soon

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphael /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I can help you out here. I've been using, and still am, the Go-Vibe 5 with my Ety ER-4S. While I didn't use the model you're inquiring about, I did try the previous one. The X-Can V2 was incredible! And honestly, you absolutely should not be comparing the two. I always thought there was something missing with the Etys, even though they were clean, clear and crisp. The X-Can V2 added a whole new dimension to the sound. What was once flat and dull (I love my Etys, but you know what I mean) became warm and round. Music gained air, but mostly became very liquid. Basically, the sound was very pleasing, soundstage improved dramatically, listening fatigue disappeared far far away, and the bass region (The Go-Vibe 5 lacks at this imho) really gained control. Tight, precise and realistic. There is a lot of change, and I'm sure I can write out a whole proper review if I had to. But you get the jist of it. It is a wonderful amp, and like the others said, you really should not be comparing the two. It is something totally different and leagues better than the Go-Vibe model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back