Got to greedy, need to return one, ER-6i or X5
Dec 4, 2008 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Hoeboe2k

100+ Head-Fier
I got a little greedy and bought too many earphones and I feel like I should return one. I just bought the X10's and loved them but was scared because of their potential durability issues so I bought the X5. I thought that could be a good chance to have something that would be slightly different from the X10 but still having the quality sound I enjoyed from the X10s. I also bought the ER-6i because they were my first IEM and I remember I loved them a lot when I had them because of their sweet highs although didn't care much for the anemic bass.

I bought the X5's for $125 and the ER-6i for $50. What do you guys think I should return? I feel like I should keep the ER-6i cause they are very different sound from the Klipsch buds but at the same time I feel like shouldn't the X5's be superior? I haven't opened the package to listen to either one because I don't want to be charged a open box return fee so I need you guys!

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 9
The X5's will probably have the same durability issues the X10's have. They're virtually the same outer casing, just slightly larger. The only reason we haven't heard more durability complaints is probably because fewer people have had the X5 (It's relatively new) and even fewer have commented on it.

The X5 will sound better than the ER6i.

And why return one? Unless you need the cash of course.....

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X5's will probably have the same durability issues the X10's have. They're virtually the same outer casing, just slightly larger. The only reason we haven't heard more durability complaints is probably because fewer people have had the X5 (It's relatively new) and even fewer have commented on it.

The X5 will sound better than the ER6i.

And why return one? Unless you need the cash of course.....

Haha, yea I want to keep them all but I feel like I didn't spend my money wisely buying so many earphones and I should be using that money to pay off other stuff or get gifts for others.I bought them very compulsively... shame on me.

Well the x5's are a step up but probably are just as fragile... argh decisions...

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #4 of 9
Shoot, you're impulsive? I bought two Atrio M5's 5 minutes after I found out about the 2-for-1 sale on Dec. 2nd.

I also bought 2 JBuds J2s today (Amounting to 4 total with the BOGO Free offer).

You're doing just fine at buying only two IEMs to try. Worst case scenario you could pick one you like and resell the other one here on Head-Fi. Both are great IEMs, so they're basically guaranteed to sell.

If you're feeling too guilty about it, you could always gift one to me.
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 9
The 6is are wonderful, and a bargain at the price. But they are outmatched by the X5s.

As for the X5s, I would not assume problems when none have been reported.

I have had no problems with my X5s, in durability or any other issue.
If it matters, I've just purchased my second pair.

I base my comments on usage, not speculation.
I hope this helps.

Dec 5, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 9
The 6i look delicate but they can take a beating. I used and abused the hell out of a pair of ER-6i for just shy of four years before the cable went out.

The drivers still work perfectly; I replaced the cracked and frayed cable, then gave the 6i to a friend.

So far my HF5 seem to be in the same league; they look fragile (the cable appears to be astonishingly thin and light) but so far through a month of my normal use, they still look and feel brand-new.

The only ones I really had a problem with were the ER-4P, because they have the worst cable ever devised by man.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 6is are wonderful, and a bargain at the price. But they are outmatched by the X5s.

I hope this helps.

Just out of interest how long have you owned the x5S?

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope this helps.

Yea I would like to know too. Congrats on your 100th post!

I am leaning towards keeping the ER-6i for running because of the increased durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back