Got to ask the lounge for quick help on soundcard... Help ASAP
Jan 14, 2007 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SayNoToPistons

500+ Head-Fier
This was posted in the computer audio section also but i need help ASAP since i'm about to leave to my friends house for some good ol' groupy (don't think dirty!) BF2 gaming...

I've been ignoring it lately since i haven't been playing games much. But now i want to get back at BF2 with my Audigy 2 ZS. I also have an EMU-1212M installed in the same computer (which i use for audio with Coaxial or Optical S/PDIF out since it sounds much better than the a2zs). I can't to use the Audigy 2 ZS' drivers properly. I tried disabling the EMU-1212m and using the Audigy 2 ZS as the main sound device for all my applications. Well it does work for two channel applications like counter strike and media files but i cant change the settings or enter multichannel modes. I get error messages like "Unable to change the sound device to your selected device" and the "closing" message... I get errors when i try to play BF2 in 5.1 (some of the sounds are muted like the gun fire) and it only works in 2 channels.

My Audigy 2 ZS worked perfectly fine before i installed my EMU-1212M though. I'm pretty sure the two Creative drivers/software are having issues when they're being used at the same time in the same computer. There must be a way to get around it since i've heard of a few people who have tried using both at the same time without any issues (they said they installed the A2ZS first then installed the EMU-1212m but thats the same thing i did). Can someone help me out on this? I'm almost done downloading the new BF2 patch and i haven't played for months! I'm fiending for some BF2!!

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Bump! Sorry! Mods can delete this when i'm done...

Jan 14, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I would uninstall then reinstall the drivers....a pain in the ***** I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back