Got the itch, help!
Apr 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ropeadope

100+ Head-Fier
Think It may be time for a new headphone amp, or new headphones...or both.

Currently using Denon D2000s with a Headsave Classic V2 amp (old one...anyone remember?
smily_headphones1.gif
). Coming through a creative X-Fi.

These D200s are the best headphones I've ever had. Went from HD-555 to AKG-701s to D200s. The Headsave Classic is pretty much the only headphone amp I've ever had.

Just getting bored with the sound I guess. I've been using D2000s+Headsave amp for a long time now.

Plus they don't sound good naturally, I have to play with equalizer settings a lot to get the sound I like, not sure if that's what people normally do or not. Don't think I've ever had good sound in my life just by pluggin' an playing. I've always had to mess around with audio settings before I get things right.

Only use them for my computer, where I listen to a lot of music and play a lot of video games. I need the 3d sound so I can't use a DAC amp ( or maybe it wouldn't matter... I don't know, I haven't been here in a long time so I forgot).

Can I get some qualified recommendations? I'd consider trades also but I'll take to that in the classifieds forum. Don't suppose any meetups are planned in Tucson anytime soon?
tongue.gif

I think I'd rather get a new amp first then decide if I want to keep the headphones. Budget would be under $300

Oof sorry for all the paragraphs. I've been up all night. Beddy time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back