Got the equinox cable for my 590s
May 12, 2003 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I got the Equinox cable for my 590s today and it is burning in for 72 hours. The cable is beautiful with the black cover over the cables.

May 13, 2003 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 5
OH BOY!!! I can't wait to hear what you have to say... Probably another opinion out to find my wallet with pitch-fork and torch in hand..
evil_smiley.gif
More imprtantly for the time being, I hope YOU like it Lou.
wink.gif

May 13, 2003 at 11:42 AM Post #3 of 5
DarkWolf
HI: How are you? Out of the box first thing I see is a beautiful looking cable. I mean classy looking. Then I plug the cable in my 590s and play a mini disc favorite and wow what a difference with no burn in yet. I kept changing the cables on certain songs and play them over on both cables and with the Equinox cable in the 590s sound very different. Much better. No more fuzzy or distance sound. A more up front sound,clearer,more depth,tighter bass,smoother highs a fuller overall sound. Its like the 590s are not the same headphone that I already liked the way it was with just a few reservations. Now there are no reservations with the 590s. These are a very fine can. The 590s are not like my AT A1000 that are very dynamic and very present and puts the sound right there but the 590s are more relaxed sounding and easy to listen to for a much longer time over my A1000. I like both headphones and according to my mood at the time I can chose how I would like to listen to my music with having both cans. The Equinox cable also seems to open up the sound stage more and with my new GILMORE V2 amp the sound is just fantastic. This is with both of the headphones because the V2 has its own magic that it does to the headphones.

May 13, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi Lou- Good to hear your comments about the Equinox and the Gilmore V2. As you know I have the V2 and use a pair of HD600's with them and just traded my Cardas cable for an Equinox which I will get tomorrow. I like your description of the Equinox when you say it's very full sounding and a bit more upfront or present sounding. I also hear it may be a tad warmer or more forgiving than the Cardas. Due to my source, a Sonica USB DAC, and the fact that IMO I find the Gilmore to be quite revealing through the upper mids and treble, that the Equinox might be a better match for my system. The Cardas is excellent, but it too is quite linear, and well open in the upper mids and treble. Have you ever heard the Cardas?

May 13, 2003 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 5
Sean H
HI: The only cable replacement I ever heard and owned was the Equinox for my 580s and now for my 590s. The cable also improved the 580 headphones a lot. but I just don't like the 300 ohm and laid back sound of the 580s compared to the 590s that are more upfront and present sounding. This is just a personal choice for the 580s are a great headphone also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back