got the E4Cs...
Oct 27, 2005 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

ah_long

100+ Head-Fier
I just got them from a fellow head-fi member...

1st impressions, i like my HD201 more....

but they do provide a lot more detail...
and I ditto that, it lacks bass with the Ipod (I have the nano) other than buying an amp, anyway i could fix it?

Oct 27, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 18
actually, i foudn that the triflange works better..

the reason i'm getting these is becoz they are portable...
i'm starting to get used to them..

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_long
actually, i foudn that the triflange works better..

the reason i'm getting these is becoz they are portable...
i'm starting to get used to them..

Yeah, I really think time is your friend with the E4. As you wean yourself off the bass, you begin to hear more texture and detail. Pretty soon you'll be addicted to that details and will find your HD 201 muddy and weird.

And so it goes...
cool.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #6 of 18
i got the nano-e4c set up too

at first i hate the e4c but after a week of getting the right seal and adjust the ipod eq from flat to bass boost.. whala! i love those tight bass and the detailed audiophile sound of the e4 . when listening to my e4 it huz like the music is inside your skull and u are isolated from the rest of the world (ex. wife nagging, children noise, and other noise pollution around you) hehe

now i just love my e4 more and more

etysmile.gif

cheers

-doughn

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #8 of 18
i've had my E4C for a few months now but unlike the thread starter, i loved mine the moment i popped them into my ears. Coming from a pair of Sony EX70s any headphone suggested in head-fi will sound significantly better.

Choosing a tip that worked for me took sometime, initially i settled for the default med soft flex's, then i went w/ the largest soft flex, this blocked a significant amount of noise but the vacuum effect was annoying when pulling them out. The tips didnt have to go into my ear canal to produce a seal coz the suction produced the seal i needed and they were easy to pop in. Then I tried the foamies, although these sounded the best, the unattractiveness prevented me from using them outdoors. In the end, i settled for the smallest soft flex sleeve, it went into my ear so nicely and created a seal in par w/ the foamies and sound quality was the same IMO.

I never tried the flex sleeves nor the tri-flange as the sound quality they provided didnt appeal to me.

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by DOUGHN
i got the nano-e4c set up too

at first i hate the e4c but after a week of getting the right seal and adjust the ipod eq from flat to bass boost.. whala! i love those tight bass and the detailed audiophile sound of the e4 . when listening to my e4 it huz like the music is inside your skull and u are isolated from the rest of the world (ex. wife nagging, children noise, and other noise pollution around you) hehe

now i just love my e4 more and more

etysmile.gif

cheers

-doughn

hey doughn, u're from philippines? i'm a filipino myself but i live in australia now. glad to see there are several filipino head-fiers around here. Glad to see u love ur e4 just like me. Sige ingat na lang.

Oct 27, 2005 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jas_kidd32
Choosing a tip that worked for me took sometime, initially i settled for the default med soft flex's, then i went w/ the largest soft flex, this blocked a significant amount of noise but the vacuum effect was annoying when pulling them out.

I experience the vacuum effect too (though different headphone). I wonder if the vacuum effect is normal for a good seal? Good for SQ? Bad for SQ?

Oct 27, 2005 at 9:08 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
I experience the vacuum effect too (though different headphone). I wonder if the vacuum effect is normal for a good seal? Good for SQ? Bad for SQ?

Personally, its what i use to assess the seal of my E4C using the soft/flex sleeves. I dont get the vacuum effect w/ the foamies. In terms of sound quality, i can hear more details when the seal is good, as with any IEM. Seal is critical w/ IEMs to get them to sound at their full potential.

Oct 27, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #12 of 18
i don't know, seems like the tri flange is working for me, but i can tell that, it's not the best... i'm still seeing what i could do..

how are u guys wearing it? over the ears or?

Oct 28, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #14 of 18
Are you using the eq? I mp3gained my mp3's and use the 'acoustic' eq, which gives a pleasant couple db boost in the low end.

Canalphones need some getting used to, as with any headphone. Even though I liked them from day one (ok, maybe day 2) on, I definitely started to like them more as I listened to them more.

I like the foamies the best. The triflanges work too, albeit a bit less comfortably. With the foamies, I just clean my ears regularly, and rinse the foamies whenever they seem to be getting dingy.

I wear the cords over my ears and down in front of me. I find it the most comfortable and stable.

Oct 28, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #15 of 18
i wear them over the ears...
i use the flat EQ... as suggested by some members... and seem to work fine...

any other EQ suggestions?

btw... how does the E4C go with the shuffle, i'm getting a 512mb shuffle tml from a fd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back