Got the cans..now the player...
Jul 5, 2007 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

lebatt

New Head-Fier
Ok so I got my DT770's from Funnelchest (great to deal with btw) and I am told they are for bass freaks but for me (most likely because I dont have a amp at this time) they aernt that bassey. As i mentioned because I'm sure it's because I dont have a amp. I used them in my CD walkman and turned it high but the speakers started to ummm ""fart" a little so I turned it down. Would that be because when u turn it high on just a CD player source the power at a higher level isnt clean?

Also anyone have the DT770's with a amp? How is the bass for u. See me I hear the bass and yeah it's low but I want the bass to nearly drown out the other sounds lol.
basshead.gif

Second what do you guys think I should get for a MP3 player. Me I'm not looking for anything big. A 512 is fine with me w/e as my computer will have my songs and I will have folders and just transfer it here and there when I want new songs.

What player provides a clean crisp (bassy or bass adjustable) sound??
My MP3 CD player has the Bass + and it goes good but as i mentioned I turn it up and it starts to cause the woofer to fart a bit.

Let me know plz the price range as I would like it to be as low as possible or if someone has one for sale let me know k thanks.

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 22
how did you afford a DT770 without being able to afford at least a 150 dollar amp is a better question.

go get a zune, everybody who has one loves it and everyone who doesnt wishes they did.

Jul 7, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 22
x2 on the zune, i love mine completely.

but since you're not looking for something that big (unless you are) then maybe you could look at a meizu? probably the m6.

Jul 7, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 22
I always thought portable rigs were just the headphones + the DAC. Anything more becomes unportable..
frown.gif
(

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 22
WOW he says 512MB is fine and you guys suggest the Zune.. talk about overblown fanboyism (reminds me of the whole "closed phone suggestion? Grado!" thing).

iPod Shuffle 1G
Sandisk Sansa Express
Creative Zen Stone

Don't be misled and spend more than you need to.

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 22
Haha I was totally going to say Zune (really love mine) until I read 3X0's reply.

I owned the Sansa Express previously and that would be what I reccomend for anyone not looking for lots of storage.

Has a screen
Has a FM tuner
Has a micro-SD slot in case you want more space later (one of the cheapest, quality 3GB players you can get).
I like that it has a USB interface on the stick, no docks or cables needed.
Drag and drop = win

Jul 7, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 22
hey Mr00000 how do you like your iGrados? they are supposedly really good headphones.

Jul 8, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #10 of 22
Sanza kk thanks. I'll look into it. I only go from work to back and a little at work so all my music will be on my comp and I can drag and drop for the day it's no worries I dont need HUGE space as my comps for that. Now If i was still into biking then it would be different.

Jul 8, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 22
With small capacity and drag-and-drop, I have the sleek and simple 1GB Zen Stone (quite good sound, built-in battery, no EQ, just under $40) and the iRiver T60 (available in the U.S. by mail order, if that's where you are). I have the T60 in 2GB capacity (I paid around $79 ... naturally, the 1GB version is less), and the sound is very good, IMO, and adjustable to your taste and needs ... powered by one AAA battery ... it also comes in 1GB and 4GB capacity (the slightly less small T50 comes in 1GB only, apparently, but gets whopping battery performance out of an AA battery).

Phones (in order of purchase):
Sony MDR71, Sony MDR51, Etymotic ER6, Panasonic RP-HJ50, Shure E3C, Koss PortaPro 2, Creative EP630, Etymotic ER6i, Sennheiser PX-100, Sennheiser HD555

Sources (in order of purchase):
2nd Generation 10GB iPod for Windows (retired)
Creative Muvo 256MB
Creative Muvo 1GB (out on loan)
Rio Carbon 5GB
Cowon iAudio 5 1GB (out on loan)
Rio Karma 20GB (low-mileage collector’s item)
Creative Zen Nano 1GB
Samsung YP-U2 512MB
4th Generation 40GB iPod (monochrome; used as home jukebox)
2nd Generation iPod Nano 4GB
Creative Zen Stone 1GB (out on short-term loan to a friend)
iRiver T60 2GB

Jul 8, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW he says 512MB is fine and you guys suggest the Zune.. talk about overblown fanboyism (reminds me of the whole "closed phone suggestion? Grado!" thing).

iPod Shuffle 1G
Sandisk Sansa Express
Creative Zen Stone

Don't be misled and spend more than you need to.

Amen

IMO, get a zen stone.. It's incredible, i prefer it to the shuffle
The sound? about the same level of SQ as zune

The controls is insanely good, it has a folder skip feature so you can put your music in folders and just skip between them instead of randomly shuffling or having to press skip through every track to reach the song you want

And for $40 what have you got to lose?

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amen

IMO, get a zen stone.. It's incredible, i prefer it to the shuffle
The sound? about the same level of SQ as zune

Fo shizzle! No seriously. I've compared my sis's Zune to my ZVM and I can honestly say that it (Zune) eats it for dinner in the audio departement.

Unless the Zen Stone has an interior amp/improved sound chip that's considerably better than the ZVM's.. I'm not sure how it could have SQ equal to the Zune's.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back