Got the Bose IEMs from BestBuy. Review shortly, but question first.
Oct 29, 2006 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SilverCans

100+ Head-Fier
So I was at BestBuy today and saw a pair of Bose IEMs. I'd like to crack these babies open to see how they sound and give a review, but do you know if i can I return these for a full refund if I don't like them? If they rock, I have no problem keeping them, I'm just very skeptical of Bose.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 9
There's probably going to be a 15% restocking fee if you return them, but that really depends on the store.

You can always flirt your way into bypassing the restocking fee.
wink.gif

As for the IEMs, I haven't heard much, but from what I've heard the general feeling seems to be "These aren't as crappy as they should be".

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 9
There is no restocking fee at best buy for earphones. Prett y much laptop computers is about all you will get a restocking fee for.

Oct 29, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 9
They are not IEM's but IE's (in Ear) They are earbuds that do not isolate at all. No Isolation. So if thats what you are looking for dont open them. If however you want very comfortable and possibly "best sounding ear bud" to date them give them a try. Check the other thread for some other comments. I think you will be happy.

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchurgin
They are not IEM's but IE's (in Ear) They are earbuds that do not isolate at all. No Isolation. So if thats what you are looking for dont open them. If however you want very comfortable and possibly "best sounding ear bud" to date them give them a try. Check the other thread for some other comments. I think you will be happy.

if you like the Bose sound signature that is as you do as far as in ear bud there are plenty others to choose from

what sound are you after what are you prefernces

Oct 30, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
if you like the Bose sound signature that is as you do as far as in ear bud there are plenty others to choose from

what sound are you after what are you prefernces

And if you do open them, make sure you do it quick!! You only have 14 days to return them opened, if I'm not mistaken.

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
And if you do open them, make sure you do it quick!! You only have 14 days to return them opened, if I'm not mistaken.

You have 30 days on headphones and almost everything else. You have 14 days on notebooks, cameras, desktop systems.

Oct 30, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 9
I would take them back...I heard them in the Bose store, and they had absolutely no detail in the highs. The mids were very warm and nice, typical of Bose, but then the bass was very boomy. You will get better sound out of the Senn. CX300, Creative EP for $50 or a much better sound out of the Senn MX90 for $70. If you have a Bose Store near you, I would advise that you take a listen before you open that pack. You will see that there are better options for the money. Unless you are stuck on the Bose name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back