Got the Blues?
Jun 22, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #1,231 of 1,687
@Suneerat, My friend in the Blues, I was just going to post Frampton's new album then I saw you beat me to it. :beerchug:
Mostly covers, but very well done.

"Mostly covers, but very well done."
..Totally agree my friend...Have a nice day sir...:)

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,241 of 1,687

I discovered Little Freddie King watching the 2015 documentary film "I am the blues". King began playing in the mid 1950s at the age of 14 in Blues Juke Joints w/ such luminary names like Babe Stovall, Slim Harpo & Champion Jack Dupree. He's now 78 years young & still going strong. What I like about his music is that nothing is polished or studio engineered. The production of his music his the same as when he's playing live.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #1,242 of 1,687

A child prodigy that grew into one of Canada's finest roots musicians, Michael Jerome Browne was born actually born in South Bend, Indiana. Moving to Montreal as a teenager, he had already mastered the guitar and harmonica and began to study the local folk scene. Starting a one-man band, Browne managed to tour Europe and North America before returning to join the Stephen Barry Band as the singer and guitarist. A true virtuoso and a quick learner of many different blues and folk styles, Browne performed on four albums with the band before striking out on his own in 1999. His eponymous debut garnered nominations from the Juno Awards, but it was 2002's Drive On that gave him his first solo exposure in both the US and in Europe. Recognized for his seamless blending of styles, Browne took the attitude that no genre can contain a good song, pointing out that his musical idols - Leadbelly, Son House - never limited themselves to one style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back