GOT THE ATH-A1000
Nov 30, 2002 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 137
Congratulations, Lou..........I'm glad you like 'em!
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #18 of 137
Quote:

IS THERE ANYWHERE YOU CAN HEAR THESE?

YOU ARE SHOUTING SO LOUD THAT I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING!!!!
biggrin.gif

Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine, I couldn't help myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

Unless you live in Japan, you probably can't hear the best sounding AT cans (AFAIK). I believe that some of their lowest end models can be had here in the US from various dealers, but they aren't very good at all. The good ones have to be ordered.
frown.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 10:41 PM Post #19 of 137
Congrats on the A1000s Lou - glad you like them so much. I am looking forward to more reviews, especially after burn in, and a comparison between the A1000 and the W1000 (a couple people did buy both, right?)

Dec 1, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #23 of 137
Well, I was going to do it anyway but now it's done... A1000's coming my way.

Dec 1, 2002 at 1:02 AM Post #25 of 137
Pikawel,

Congradulations on your decision to buy the A1000s.

Now, Matt, I and Greg would like to audition them too
biggrin.gif
Anyone else in the Phoenix area?

Dec 1, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #26 of 137
Quote:

LOWS Bass is always there but not in the way but when the bass is used in the song you will know it.

That doesn't sound very promising for rock music (I want to feel it, not just know it's there), but they haven't been broken in yet, so I definitely want to hear more once they hit 50 or better yet 100 hours. in my limited experience with break-in, bass is the part that changes the most dramatically, so I definitely still have hope.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #30 of 137
Quote:

radrd
HI: How are you? I am being very polite about the bass. I have never heard better bass in any headphone then I do with these.

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope there's no hard feelings about my thread complaint the other day. I come off as a bit of a jerk sometimes when I'm trying to offer constructive criticism.
redface.gif

If you don't mind me asking, what other headphones have you heard? I see in your profile that you have the KSC35. I assume (hope) that the A1000 doesn't have exaggerated bass like that headphone. Have you heard any Beyer headphones? I'm not expecting the A1000 to have bass like the DT770, but a frame of reference for your comparison would help a bit.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not a basshead; in fact, I really like my Ety ER4S bass, but when I get another headphone I don't want to lose much of the extension that the 4S has, but hopefully gain something in the impact department. Right now I am leaning heavily toward the A1000, since it sounds like a more well-rounded headphone than the DT770, one of my other choices.

Thanks for your updates.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL. I'm getting excited too; these better not be sold out by Christmas!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back