GOT THE ATH-A1000
Nov 30, 2002 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 137
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
congrats lou! I look forward to reading your review!

Yeah me too!!

Nov 30, 2002 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 137
aww..Lou..how you rave about your new cans..like how you raved about the A100Tis when you first got them.
tongue.gif
you sure swayed ME..now see how many more guys you'll get to buy the A1000s..
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 137
most righteous-
Can't wait to hear more about them being that my birthday is tomorrow and its these or the ety - er4p , that's what I've narrowed it down to anyway
praise the Lord
Rich

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _

BTW: ... In revelations of the bible, the word wormood in the Russian Bible is "CHYRNOBYL".
rolleyes.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 137
CONGRADULATIONS! Lou. (who won the delivery date contest?)

i would like to see pictures of the insides of them babies. i want to see what the drivers look like, what the pads look like, etc.

i'm wondering if the drivers are at the same angle as my ad10's. from your descpirtion they sound like they're at the exact same angle. heck they may be the same driver. pictures PLEASE.
smily_headphones1.gif

2 days from Japan to Philly. wow.

Nov 30, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 137
Lou,

Congrat on your new can. If you said, "The A1000 are way better than the A100 by much more dynamics and presents and better made and more comfy and much bigger sound all around," then I might need to get my hand on one of these in the future. Well, good luck on your new can Lou. Do u still have the A100ti with you to make a comparison?

Nov 30, 2002 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 137
Sweet. I REALLY want to know how these compair to the 590, my current top choice... And then if someone would tell me how the A1000 does with the HA-1 that would be great too, since that's the amp I have my eye on the most. I wish they weren't so much more than the 590s, but it's worth it if they are better. I want fairly flat responce, and I had hoped for open cans, but what ever. I also want something musical and fun at the same time. I'm sure the 590 wouldn't disapoint, but I might have toruble sleeping while people rave about the A1000s....

Nov 30, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 137
Congrats Lou! Glad to hear your liking them so far. Hopefully their even better after break-in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #11 of 137
heck, Darkwolf I can do that right now without hearing them:

bass doesn't extend as far down as the Senn, but it is more impactful, slight lower midrange prescence, forward articulate midrange, not flat, a slight hump at about 800 Hz, soundstage is great, grado like highs, sharp transients. vocals don't sound veiled. overall sweet sound. sounds a lot like beyer dt831's with a slight more midrange forward projection, and smoother highs. slight blurring of high frequency instruments. acoustic guitars sound great. slight sound decay issue.

how's that?
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 8:05 PM Post #12 of 137
Glad to hear you got them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you still have the 100ti for comparison? Regardless, I am very interested to hear your review of these headphones. I'm seriously considering joining team AT myself.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you like it for rock? I'm looking for a rock headphone. So far the descriptions I've read of the AT100ti and your brief A1000 impressions suggest that they are exactly the headphone I am looking for in just about every area, but I'm a bit worried about the bass. I definitely need visceral bass and good extension in my next headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back