Got some spare cash?
Nov 16, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #16 of 28
it's a 12" underhung voicecoil...

Those speakers are truly insane. They've got a complete system weight of 5100lb, which is over two tons. (think two small cars)

They use something like 17,000W per channel amplification; at least 24 channels of amplification needed.

Nov 16, 2002 at 6:44 AM Post #17 of 28
Well crud, it has my car stereo beat. Not by much though!

I really want to see the spider and suspension required to keep a 12" voice coil alligned! I may have just found a use for those old aluminum wheels that I have in the garage!
wink.gif

gerG

Nov 16, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #18 of 28
Gallaine, thanks, that link was funny. Well, I guess it was for those of us who had subwoofer + satellite systems back in the 70s. I have to ponder what I would build for one megabuck........

ok, finished! How big is this over the top market, really? What are the bigbuxbuyers looking for in reallity? Somehow the "mine's-bigger-than-yours" philosophy seems to exhibit a subtle presence.

Oops, did I say subtle? I meant blatant, of course. My satire switch was in the wrong position again. It has "on" and "extreme", but it had fallen off onto the floor again.

gerG

Nov 16, 2002 at 7:58 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

How about the Grand Engima Reference System for $1,000,000.

A million bucks? I think it's misspelled, should be "Grand Enema."

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #22 of 28
MAybe he ws going to throw in hiw $1.2M home in Valencia with the speakers. I mean come one, what's a good speaker without the right environment to make it sound it's best!!!

Was that price in Liras or what??? WOW that was quite a mark up for a set of $16000 speakers.

Which one of you guys put in the bid??? Come on, fess up?

Nov 17, 2002 at 4:30 AM Post #24 of 28
Maybe I could interest the owners in a set of titanium horn loaded headphones with gold tinsel cable and diamond encrusted headband (other gemstones optional). Maximum pretense factor for a mere 100 k$. These phones are the only four way, quad amped design in existance, and are absolutely guaranteed to cause permanent hearing damage faster than any other source on the planet. Tres chic, non?

gerG

Dec 4, 2002 at 3:18 PM Post #26 of 28
I don't know who "musikleben" is on eBay, but it's not a real account.

I've seen that bidder crap on the auctions of Henry Jean-Louis (mcsolaar, accuphasedealer, among other names) the thieving person who sells Sansui gear that he either does not own or has stolen components from and replacd them with cheap ones - Sanken output transistors are his favorites!

Perhaps musikleben is some kind of eBay Spiderman?

Dec 5, 2002 at 6:58 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
$1,350,900.00 US for a pair of speakers??!
eek.gif

That's ridiculous, there's no way I'd spend more than $1.2 Million on a pair of speakers.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ahh you fool... Don't you know that the improvement between a $1.2 million and a $1.1 million setup is of the last .01% variety? Save your money and buy 500 CDs... or a sports car instead.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back