Got some problems with the Sony dfj401.....
Mar 22, 2006 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

joey

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
71
Likes
0
It skips alot and this model is supposed to have one of the best anti skipping feature around.

Funny thing is, it won't skip when I use some old TDK 700 mb 80 min cd-r's. However this week when I bought the same type of cd-r's and burned some mp3s in them it started to skip. I just don't get it. First I thought it was the pcdp, then I thought it was the type of cd-r's, now I don't have a clue. Can anybody help me out here and tell me what's wrong? Is it the burning speed that causes these cd-r's to skip?
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 7

joey

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
71
Likes
0
Okay, maybe I need to explain my problem a bit more clearer and better....

I use Nero StartSmart as my burner and I burn my TDK 700mb 80min cd-r's at 40x 4 minute speed. I've already wasted two perfectly good cd-r's because during the middle of the burning it started to freeze and unfortunately they are writable only once which means I can't erase the CD's.

Anybody, help me out here, is it the burning speed? Maybe I should burn the cd-r's at a much lower rate and speed? Anybody here uses TDK 700mb 80min cd-r's?

I guess it probably isn't the pcdp.
 
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 7

joey

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
71
Likes
0
Just out of curiousity, is this the wrong forum to post this thread? If so, can anyone tell me where I should post this thread or can the moderator move it to the preferred forum?
 
Mar 24, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 7

Omari149

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 8, 2004
Posts
296
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by joey
Okay, maybe I need to explain my problem a bit more clearer and better....

I use Nero StartSmart as my burner and I burn my TDK 700mb 80min cd-r's at 40x 4 minute speed. I've already wasted two perfectly good cd-r's because during the middle of the burning it started to freeze and unfortunately they are writable only once which means I can't erase the CD's.

Anybody, help me out here, is it the burning speed? Maybe I should burn the cd-r's at a much lower rate and speed? Anybody here uses TDK 700mb 80min cd-r's?

I guess it probably isn't the pcdp.




You are right it isn't the pcdp. I use the same software and cd-r's and they don't skip when I burn at a lower speed. If I were you I would burn at a lower speed maybe 8X speed, and try blowing compressed air on the CD lense with a can of air from Radio Shack. You posted in the correct forum.
 
Mar 24, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #6 of 7

joey

Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
71
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omari149
You are right it isn't the pcdp. I use the same software and cd-r's and they don't skip when I burn at a lower speed. If I were you I would burn at a lower speed maybe 8X speed, and try blowing compressed air on the CD lense with a can of air from Radio Shack. You posted in the correct forum.


Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll try and see if it works.

As for the compressed air, are you sure it is safe to use on my pcdp? And what's the name of this can of air from Radio Shack?
 
Mar 24, 2006 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 7

Omari149

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 8, 2004
Posts
296
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by joey
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll try and see if it works.

As for the compressed air, are you sure it is safe to use on my pcdp? And what's the name of this can of air from Radio Shack?



Yes, of course its safe on your pcdp. I used it on my computer DVD-rom drives, DVD player, ps2, and some of my PCDP. They all work better now. Just ask for a can of compressed air when you got to Radio Shack, I can't tell you the name because when I went there they were sold out of compressed air cans. So I went to Target and got the can, the name of it is called Fellowes Air Duster. You can also get it at Game Stop.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top