got sennheiser momentum but not 100% happy with it
Dec 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

yankolisky

New Head-Fier
got sennheiser momentum but not 100% happy with it
because i dont find any special thing on it  that make it unique ;S
its very treble and dont happy with the bass not warm , and its like you hear on very cheap headphone but better bass than cheap ones

i use it mostly for movies/series/animation, maybe i should not buy this one for what i use for but i have no experiance
i use it on my computer and dont have sound card or any sound things equieped

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 14
There's a lot of treble and not much bass, yes? That makes no sense. Have you tried with a phone instead of the computer?

Maybe you don't get a proper seal with the headphones. How's the comfort, etc.? 

Do you have experience with other headphoens?

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 14
How many hours have you used them?

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 14
i use it on my computer no sound card or any extra things
i use it on iphone 4,  i still prefer Monster turbine copper pro, warm sound, awsome bass sound, but MTCP is get very treble or bass will be very weak i think  when you turn 70% + volume

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 14
Best you can do is to give them time, use them for around 30 hours. You can take a week or two for this.
(Don't use other headphones during that time)  

Our hearing in quite complicated, and tend to be much more comparative than what we normally suppose.
Your hearing, lets say, your brain, has a particular sound signature as its reference, that has been aquired during all your listening time with your previous headphones and/or speakers.

Give your mind some good time to become confortable with the 'new' sound. You won't regret.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 14
I think the problem isn't the headphone.

The problem is that you want a warm bass heavy sound, and the Momentum is a neutral headphone.

If you don't like the sound signature than you should return them and look for a pair that has more bass; like maybe a V-Moda M100.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 14
Relatively speaking the momentum might be more neutral, but in absolute terms it is warm sounding IMO

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #11 of 14
Maybe you should look for headphones with a 'V shaped' sound signature. This kind of headphones boost bass and treble in order to provide a more 'lively' sound.

You should read about Yamaha HPH Pro 500.

Mar 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 14
OP, to prevent confusion, which version of Momentum are you commenting on?

But, yeah, the over ear sounds darker than neutral like HD650.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #13 of 14
Best you can do is to give them time, use them for around 30 hours. You can take a week or two for this.
(Don't use other headphones during that time)

Our hearing in quite complicated, and tend to be much more comparative than what we normally suppose.
Your hearing, lets say, your brain, has a particular sound signature as its reference, that has been aquired during all your listening time with your previous headphones and/or speakers.

Give your mind some good time to become confortable with the 'new' sound. You won't regret.
That's true but what he said was spot on about it being boring but competent (Sennheiser thing) but it those have bass, not weak at all, it's like a flat line till the treble where its recessed, i came from m50 and it makes the Sennheiser sound dull, some say it's got "sparkle" or exciting, happy sound, it's not dark in the lower treble or something. Simpleton Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back