Got photos! Help ID unmarked headphones, please
Sep 9, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #5 of 16
phones1.JPG
phones2.JPG
phones3.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 16
Can you tell us anything about them? Where they came from originally, any numbers stamped on them, branding on the cable, etc.? They look like they're riffing on the Senn Momentum look, and appear to be made largely of plastic with the exception of the headband and the clamp/gimbal it passes through (or at least the outer part). Looks kinda cheap. Maybe a Chinese knockoff (of what, though? Momentums?) or something straight from an OEM that was never intended for resale, perhaps bundled with something else. Can you disassemble one of the cups and see if there are any markings on the inside or on the drivers, etc.?

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 16
Can you tell us anything about them? Where they came from originally, any numbers stamped on them, branding on the cable, etc.? They look like they're riffing on the Senn Momentum look, and appear to be made largely of plastic with the exception of the headband and the clamp/gimbal it passes through (or at least the outer part). Looks kinda cheap. Maybe a Chinese knockoff (of what, though? Momentums?) or something straight from an OEM that was never intended for resale, perhaps bundled with something else. Can you disassemble one of the cups and see if there are any markings on the inside or on the drivers, etc.?
Thank you for the reply! It was a struggle to figure out the photo thing!

I picked them up at a thrift store. No branding, numbers or words exposed. I'll try disassembling the cups. To me, they have a high-quality feel.

Gregg

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 16
You're welcome! I always enjoy a good internet photo mystery!

Yeah, the photo thing can be a little confusing the first time or two.

I looked up OEM headphones and found a couple that were kind of similar looking, but not quite the same. You could try googling "OEM headphone manufacturer" and see if you can find them, but without a little more info it's kind of a craps shoot; there are just so many out there. I was hoping that there might be a parts number on the driver, or something like that, that could give us something of lead.

How do they sound? That's what really matters!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #12 of 16
Good call! They look very similar, but the Floyd Rose are cloth covered and have a dual-entry cable. Must be from the same OEM. I wonder if it's the same headphone (drivers, tuning, etc.) or if it's just the looks that are the same?

Edit: I somehow missed the photos of the drivers earlier. Floyd Rose 3D also have dual drivers. No markings still, huh?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 16
Good call! They look very similar, but the Floyd Rose are cloth covered and have a dual-entry cable. Must be from the same OEM. I wonder if it's the same headphone (drivers, tuning, etc.) or if it's just the looks that are the same?

Edit: I somehow missed the photos of the drivers earlier. Floyd Rose 3D also have dual drivers. No markings still, huh?
Not that I can see. I didn't remove the driver from the cup. Perhaps I should, this evening. Thanks for the help, gents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back