got myself an oldy
Jan 19, 2006 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

arielext

Headphoneus Supremus
Just received a pair of unipolar 2000 phones with the HER 2000 Amp, but I can't use it right now
frown.gif

At the back of the Her2000 there are 2 cables with 3 wires each, two of which have a plastik cap on them, the colors are black white and yellow (black cable with cap) and grey, green and red (grey capped).

Can somebody tell me how to handle?

Jan 19, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 8
Well that helps a bit, but you've just said this cable is at the back of the amp. Do you know what it would be used for, or at least have a guess? Power? Output?

Sorry, this is hard to figure out when I don't have the thing infront of me.

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 8
I hooked them up as B speakers on my receiver (yamaha v440), not knowing if i reversed some of the cables or not, but they are working now
smily_headphones1.gif
The clipping light begins to glow up at ~ -30 dB but I can't listen at such high levels.
These things lack some bas, they remind me of de shure E3 in that way
wink.gif
but the mids and highs are smooth and nice to listen to.

Is it true that they have to "warm up" before they sound at there best? if so, is it the transformator that has to do the warming up bit or the speakers?

Jan 21, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Hey, it looks like your amp fits them better than mine (Pioneer A-331). I get an absolute earpiercing trebble with my setup that I cant stand any longer than 5 minutes, but it is said that they can reach the level of the Baby Orpheus with a powerfull warm tube amp. Looks like the Yamaha is more tubeish than the Pioneer
icon10.gif

They are elecret headphones, so they should sound better after charge up. With my pair it is not the case, maybe they are too worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back