Got myself a pair of Wireworld Oasis RCA cables - Prettie Impressive
Feb 8, 2013 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

goodolcheez

100+ Head-Fier
Was using a pair of Wireworld Terra-6 RCA cables previously.

Got the Wireworld Oasis-6 RCA cables.

At first try, Wow.  The soundstage is wider to boot.  Didn't seem to increase depth of the soundstage over the Terra-6, but it's definitely "wider".   Even bigger difference was the loudness.  It's just plain louder (bigger) with more energy than the Terra-6.

It's also crisper, with more sparks in the treble when the songs demand.  Overall the sound is full bodied and a little warm.  Less edgy, bit more silky up top.  Great dynamics.

There was a little increase in detail, one or more instruments that show up differently too.

Transparency and bass definition however wasn't stellar.  Bass isn't hard / super fast as I hoped.  Maybe I'm expecting too much on a $109 pair cable.  But still, very good for the money.

And it doesn't seem to need much burn-in / break-in either.  It sounds good right off the bat, brand new cables.  Maybe the bass will get harder / faster after breakin?  I don't know..

Highly recommended!

P.s. the Terra-6 sounds good too, but the transparency isn't exactly on par with the Oasis-6. And has less energy and lesser volume.

p.s. my speakers is Focal CMS65 monitors and Asus Xonar DX7.1 sound card.

cheez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back