Got myself a pair of cheap and decent sounding headphone
Feb 10, 2006 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DigDub

Headphoneus Supremus
got myself a pair of cheap closed-back headphones. the damage was usd30. the brand and model is Wecan F340. i think its a taiwan brand. i don't have much experience in headphones, cos i mainly listen to iems, with the koss portapros as my only other headphone.

the build is ok, if a bit fragile. most parts are plastic, the headband is rubber and the frame holding attaching the cups to the headband is metal. the cable is nice - it has cloth wrappings around it, like some sony models of sony clip-on headphones have.

sound-wise, it sounds pretty good, reminds me of my panasonic hje-70, bassy and very fun sounding. bass is deep and resonant, without sounding too boomy. mids are good and present, if a tad veiled. highs are ok too, but not as resolving as etymotics. compared to the porta pros which has a more airy and open sound, this headphone sounds confined and has a narrower soundstage. the sound is a bit dark, not bright, but it sounds chirpy enough. they are also very easy to drive.

the profile is low, so when i wear it on my head, it does not look like i have earmuffs on. the size and depth of the cups are kinda like the ath fc7. oh, and it looks gorgeous.
biggrin.gif

http://www.audio.com.sg/info.aspx?ti...eadphone&id=39

i bought a black one.
image005916pi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back