Got my Triple.fi 10's. What a load of rubbish!
Jan 28, 2009 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

captian73

Headphoneus Supremus
Got my Triple.fi's. What a load of rubbish! Only joking, I just wanted to get your attention. they're crisp, clear and very impressive. The bass is deep yet very crisp. The sound staging is impressive, but like the other UE's I've tried/own, they lean toward bass and treble with midrange coming in third.

Question: apart from complys is they any half decent ear buds that will give me an easy fit and a good seal? the standard medium buds (I can't stand double flange tips) are good, but they take a bit of shifting around to get a good seal.

what i should ask is: what would be your next upgrade. custom tips, cable or amp? got my eye on the null cable

http://null-audio.net/cables.aspx

any amps that will compliment them? The best i have is The "Royal" Amp from penguinamps.

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 17
No better tips than the complys to my knowledge, half the reason for my going custom is having to buy a pack every two months.

Ever thought of trying the medium tips turned inside out, ive heard some folk get a better seal doing this plus the iem sits further in the canal.

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ever thought of trying the medium tips turned inside out, ive heard some folk get a better seal doing this plus the iem sits further in the canal.

tried that with my metro.fi 2's. didn't 'float me boat' really! cpmlys are good. if only they lasted longer.

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 17
Glad you find them rubbish... i compared them to Sony EX59 and it was NOT a MAJOR difference between couple of 128KB/s songs.

I havent tried the comply's yet i found the stock tips sufficient enough, as the bit rate goes up the music is just simply awesome.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about Westone ES cable? cheaper and really brings out the midrange. couldn't stand my Triple.fi's before i swapped the cable...

Is it possible change the cable on the triple.fi?

Why did you change it?

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 17
Triple.Fi has user changable cabling, changing the cable can have sound differences, and also for visual.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple.Fi has user changable cabling, changing the cable can have sound differences, and also for visual.

Really? Which kind of sound differences?

How many cable can be put on the Triple.Fi (its own, Westone ES, ecc)?

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it possible change the cable on the triple.fi?

Why did you change it?

i used the UE customs cable on my trips. it is the same cable as the westone cable.

it made the triples sound terrible. the only other guy on head-fi that i saw do the same thing also said it made the sound terrible.

i wouldnt recommend it. too bad, cause the braided cable for UE customs and westones is the best cable around for comfort and strength.

Jan 29, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

how about Westone ES cable? cheaper and really brings out the midrange. couldn't stand my Triple.fi's before i swapped the cable...

Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i used the UE customs cable on my trips. it is the same cable as the westone cable.

it made the triples sound terrible. the only other guy on head-fi that i saw do the same thing also said it made the sound terrible.

i wouldnt recommend it. too bad, cause the braided cable for UE customs and westones is the best cable around for comfort and strength.

So do you think that it was better the original cable?

mcoleg said that westone cable helps to bring out the midrange, isn't it true in your opinion?

Jan 29, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

i've seen that mod, and you need to file down the two prongs to make them fit properly. Lik,e i said, i'm looking at the Null cable (later, but first thing is to sort out a proper fit. I'm not saying the triples are particularly problematic when it comes it fitting, 'cause most IEM's have their quirks, i just want something a bit more snug.

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 17
there was a thread somewhere on these forums from long ago on es cables for triple.fi's. the trick is to put right cable to left ear-piece and vise-versa, otherwise the combination sounds muddy.

i didn't actually file the prongs - the fit anyway.

and yes, i started hearing more midrange after the mod. so, it was better for me.

btw, i have no experience with "UE custom cable", only westone es.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 17
The Westone ES cables and Ultimate Ears custom cables, and Hearyourself.com custom cables are all exactly interchangeable with customs only. The Super.Fi and Triple.Fi cables are different and you will need to modify the custom cables to fit the SF or TF. Some feel it's worth it, some don't. You'll have to do a search to find the mods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back