Got my triple fi 10 ! does my head-fi journey end here?
May 30, 2010 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

henrylee

100+ Head-Fier
I've enjoyed trying and getting different iems through the two ears moving from ipod buds to cx 300 >  cx500 >se 110>pl30 and finally the triple fi 10 .

My source is ipod ,lod and pa2v2 which is coming ,the triple fi 10 are far better than anything i have ever heard before and the first headphones i've heard thats above 200 pounds .The triple fi 10s bass is deep ,fast and impactful ,mids are quite neutral and clean and trebles are sparkling clean .

I have to say that spending that much money on headphones i'm not going to purchase anything till they break . The question is there anyother upgrades except from a better amp ? , otherwise i think i have a pretty good portable setup for a 15 year old! :p

May 30, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 13
The TF10 is pretty nice. I thought my journey could have ended there, but here I am with a MTPC and e-q7. I guess they all serve a slightly different purpose. :)

May 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 13
It would be unless you still comes on here, I thought the end of audio equipment for me would be my current setting, but even now i'm still really tempted to upgrade or buy a pair of full-sized headphones

May 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 13
The best thing for you is to never again come to this message board.  If you do, the journey will not end.  

Think I'm joking?

After I got me IE8's last year, I stopped coming to the boards for a while.  In December, I was doing some research on Lady Gaga headphones for my sister.  That led me to open up a few customs threads.  

I'm now awaiting my JH16's to come to me from Florida.

May 30, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 13
Wow seems like everyone is addicts lols jst joking ,hmm i guess i could continue with this habbit since i'll be able to finance myself when im doing summerwork and be able to purchase new headphones .

Lol i shulda started a poll ,anyways im going to see how long i can last till i purchase any other new headphones ,dac, amps etc . Is going to be hard since i dj as well .

May 30, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #8 of 13
Triple Fi 10 was my first triple armature IEM, sadly it left me a lot of be desired. I did not like the fit nor the midrange so I went towards a Shure E500, Westone 3, UM3X then down to a dual armature solution being the Westone 2. I didn't even like them much compared to my very first armature IEM Altec Lansing iM716 which was great. Hopefully your wallet is not that curious :D

May 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #9 of 13
@ henrylee, i recommend you leave this forum and never return or you end up with multiple iem's , my friend @search never ends has 120 so far ,as for me i have a few of the top iem's including the TF10 , all are blown out of the water by my latest ,earsonic's SM3 which sounds fantastic 
L3000.gif
 and really rocks .

May 30, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 13
Philosophically, if you're happy with what you have, just enjoy!  I really like the Triple.Fi 10s.  Their sound is well balanced, IMO, making it a good match to many types of music.  I bought mine about a year before Amazon ran their famous special.  During the special, I purchased a backup pair.

A lot of people, including me, keep buying more IEMs just out of curiosity.  Sometimes they're better than what we already own, sometimes not.  Just enjoy your Triple.Fi 10s if this level of profligate spending is not possible for you.

May 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Those are a fine pick and many people may quibble but I settled on these after upgrading from Ultimate Ears' .5's.
You can do great with changes but really this is a diminishing return on the dollar now.  For example I have a Lavry DA-10 in my music system and it's a better sound via the Lavry DAC but that's hardly as portable as a good iPod option.  

What you may want to do to take it to another level is get custom impressions.  That's what I did as for me it was the weak link in the Ultimate Ears.  The earplugstore lets you make them at home and the total cost was $115.  They actually make custom versions for many versions.  They send you the molds with the ear impressions so if one day you do make a change you can just have them make new molds off your existing ear molds.

A perfect comfortable fit only adds to the overall sound quality as well.  

It's a good place to end the journey, kick back and enjoy the music.

May 30, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 13
sorry for the hijack but first time posting and this thread seems  to have some answers to my queries ...

lets just say with what some of you have said i am worried.. because i know what its like  to stay on the forums and learn more and then want more eventually...

right now i am in the process of building up a portable setup and god forbid if i am not happy with it..

i hope i can stay focused......

as for the TS i am sure the TF10 is more  than capable to meet your needs to a certain extent and like what romanesq has said, maybe turning them into customs may solve the few issues  the TF10s may have

May 30, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 13
At 15 years of age your journey is just starting. However unless you have a reliable income of some sort your upgrades may take longer than some of us. I had the TF10 for a while and while they are good they never gave me a great fit. I had to flip mod it just so it would not give my targus area a ridiculous amount of pain after taking them out and the sound wasn't for me. I have some good universals in the CK10 and the e-Q7 with some others coming in. My journey is just beginning as I'm fairly young but universals are not my main priority right in terms of next upgrade. Some may interest me every now and then but I won't be compelled to buy them unless they fit what I need and want. I need to get some better sources and such before moving up in the phones area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back